Face Value

A/N: HAHAHAHA! I'VE FINALLY GOTTEN MY HANDS ON AN ACTUAL TIMELINE OF EVENTS REGARDING TOURNAMENTS IN HAIKYUU! AS WELL AS REAL LIFE VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENTS IN THE MIYAGI PREFECTURE! TURNS OUT I WAS WRONG BEFORE AND THE SPRING TOURNAMENT IS ACTUALLY IN EARLY JANUARY. SPRING TOURNAMENT QUALIFIERS ARE IN EARLY AUGUST AND LATE OCTOBER AND THE TOURNAMENT ITSELF IS IN JANUARY. IN JAPAN, END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR IS AROUND MARCH, SO THAT MAKES SENSE. I AM WAY TOO PROUD OF MYSELF FOR DISCOVERING THIS INFORMATION.

xXx

If we took Chaucer's writings at face value, we'd have to conclude he was a complete drip.

John Hutton

xXx

It was on Thursday morning that Oikawa found himself sorely wishing that Iwaizumi was with him to support him through this ordeal. But, without his best friend's presence, all he could do was grin and suffer in silence as a seemingly infinite number of fangirls cornered him with a rabid look in their eyes.

It was nice to be loved, but having your very own fan club could get ridiculously tedious at times.

"Kyaaah, Oikawa-san!"

"Oikawa-san, I saw the video!"

"You were soooo cool!"

"That's my favorite song! Did you know that?!"

"Oikawa-san, when can we see you play in the Spring Tournament? Me and my friends devised a cheer for the volleyball team! Let me sing it to you! O-I-K-A-W-A—"

"SIGN MY FACE, OIKAWA-SAN!"

"Are you going to make a debut anytime soon, Oikawa-san?"

"Debut? Video?" Oikawa echoed, sounding confused. Don't tell me Iwa-chan

"Here, look!" One of his fans shoved her phone in his face, where a recording of him and Leiko performing was playing. The person who had recorded the performance obviously had done so with a device that was too small to capture the entire group. Naoko, who had religiously guarded their money box and politely thanked the generous audience, had been cut out from the video.

"Interesting," Oikawa mused, taking a good look at the video. "Who did you get it from?" He smiled at her. "You must be very clever to get a hold of it."

The girl blushed at his compliment. "I-I got in from Spacebook," she informed him, fingering her hair. "It's gone viral so it wasn't really that hard to come across..."

"Ah, I see. Thank you for telling me!"

"Eep! You're welcome, Oikawa-sama!"

So I'm a god now...? Oikawa thought with wry amusement as he reveled in causing such disturbance.

Eventually, the bell rang and everyone was forced to go to class (much to Oikawa's relief). On the way to his classroom, he ran into Iwaizumi.

"There you are!" he exclaimed, miffed. "I've been texting you all morning." He pouted at Iwaizumi. "Doesn't take that long to reply, you know. Iwa-chan is so mean to me..."

"Did you forget that I have that book report due soon?" Iwaizumi countered.

"Yeah, yeah..." Oikawa shot him a cheeky grin. "What's the point of trying with those brains of yours?"

Iwaizumi slapped him across the back of the head with his book, scowling. "Bastard."

Whining, Oikawa rubbed the spot where Iwaizumi had hit him, glaring at him through tearful eyes. "So mean! First you leave me to the wolves and then this."