Shattered Peace

Jealousy contains more of self-love than of love.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

xXx

In a classroom filled with yummy foods belonging to various classmates, Koharu Taiga sullenly chewed her sushi as she watched her twin brother, Koharu Jun'ichi, chat to their half-sister on the phone.

"Makoshima Sumire...? Uh, I've never heard of her. Are you sure she goes to Kitagawa?" her brother was saying, running his fingers through his messy brown hair in a way that drove the girls in their class wild.

"Oh, give me that," Taiga scoffed, slapping her chopsticks on the table and snatching her phone back from Jun'ichi. "You're such an idiot, bro... though I can't really blame you on this one. Hey, nee-chan? It's Taiga again."

"Oh! Um, Taiga-chan"

"Cut the crap," Taiga interrupted, rolling her eyes even though she knew that there was no way that Kaede had any way of seeing the action. "What do you want with Makoshima?"

As far as Taiga knew, Makoshima Sumire was a second year who attended Kitagawa Daiichi. She was in the music club, where she played violin, though one would have to actively search for her in order to even notice her.

To put it simply, the girl was a wallflower. Taiga wouldn't have even registered her existence had she not been in the music club with Sumire.

Her brother, on the other hand, was a member of the soccer club, so there really wasn't any way that Jun'ichi could have known her.

Taiga listened dutifully as her sister poured out her heartfelt tale, keeping her face emotionless as to not draw any unwanted attention.

"... So now you know," Kaede concluded sadly. Taiga could almost see her hanging her head like a hen left out in the rain.

"And what do you want us to do about it?" Taiga asked coolly, cocking an eyebrow. She gestured to Jun'ichi to get him to lean in a little closer. Then, making sure there wasn't anyone within close vicinity, Taiga put Kaede on speaker.

"Fill me in later," Jun'ichi said to Taiga, who nodded.

Kaede began to speak again, and this time, Taiga had a hard time keeping herself from nearly exploding with disbelief.

"You want us to what?!" she hissed into the phone. "That's... cruel."

"I thought you might say that..." Kaede mused on the other end. Have you forgotten what happened at last year's Christmas gathering? Eleven years old and making out with a boy on the couch..."

Taiga snarled; actually snarled like a beast would. "God, you know that was the worst mistake of my life, going to that stupid Christmas party..." One moment, she had been talking with her crush, then he had stuck his tongue down her throat. The next day, he was off kissing another girl, the bastard.

"Couples get younger every time, don't they?" Kaede giggled obnoxiously. "And same goes for Jun'ichi-kun... I know all the bad things you've done. And while kaa-san doesn't know, that could easily be changed."

Taiga and Jun'ichi exchanged a disbelieving glance. Was their sister seriously blackmailing them into bullying an innocent girl right now?

And everyone thought that Honda Kaede was the good girl. How wrong they were. While Honda Kaede could indeed act nice, sweet and whatnot, she could just as easily be conniving and wicked.

It wasn't a side that the twins saw often but...

"Fine," Jun'ichi agreed before Taiga could say anything. The girl twin gave him a venomous glare which he ignored. "We'll do it."