Serpentigenous

Come not between the dragon, and his wrath.

William Shakespeare

xXx

The first thing Takashi did was grab her hands, a gesture that was not necessarily welcome but not reprimanded for.

"Thank you!" he cried, and Naoko could have sworn that his tears were pouring out of his eyes like twin fountains. Naoko let him cry without a sound, knowing that the club must have been desperate enough to accept her help. "Naoko-samaaaaaaa!"

Naoko stared blankly at him, unsure of what to say.

"Oi!" The door flew open and a pissed off looking teen crossed his arms at the scene. "Takashi, what's happening here?!"

"She agreed!" Takashi sobbed dramatically, a silly smile on his face even as he continued to cry tears of joy. "Shoutaaa!" Letting go of Naoko's hands, he stumbled like a drunk over to Yamada Shouta, president of the martial arts club. "Shouta, I'm so happeeeeeee—"

"Ah, gross!" Shouta recoiled in disgust as Takashi started to get snot and tears all over his gi. "Get offa me, ya bleedin' heart!"

Takashi sniffed, looking like he had been blessed. "I can't help it, I'm so happeee—"

"I get it, I get it!" Shouta hastily pushed Takashi away. "Ack... I keep forgetting what happens when you get all emotional..."

"Hey, martial arts club, is everything alright?" To Naoko's surprise, Iwaizumi popped his head around the door frame, a distinctly annoyed expression plastered on his face. "You're too loud." He blinked at the only girl in the room. "Naoko-chan? What are you doing here?"

"Oh, Iwaizumi-san, I—"

"Hey, hey!" Shouta wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Back offa here, ya hooligan! Stay away from our cute club member!"

Iwaizumi gave him an unimpressed deadpan. "Last time I checked, Naoko-chan was in the drama club."

"Well, she's an honorary member now!"

"Get off." Naoko undid his hold around her. "Don't touch me."

"You'd better not, Shouta," Takashi added with a slight grimace as the last of his tears began to dry, "my wrist still hurts from before."

"Look, just shut up, okay? The volleyball club room is just next door and we're trying to strategize—"

"Yap, yap, yap! That's all ya do, ya know?!" Shouta sized Iwaizumi, who was now standing tall in the hallway, up. "Get outta here, boy!"

"Fucking hell, the dick belongs on your body not your personality," Iwaizumi said snidely. "I don't know what makes you stupid, but it really works."

"OI! Whatcha say ta' me?!"

"Stop speaking like that," Naoko suddenly said, pointedly glaring at Shouta. "You're not a delinquent so stop acting like it."

But Shouta wasn't cowed. In fact, her words seemed to make him even more pissed off. "Hey, girlie, listen here—"

"Yoohoo!" Iwaizumi flinched as Oikawa's hand landed on his shoulder, the man himself peering around, looking as amiable as ever. "What's all the noise about? I thought you said you were going to shut these monkeys up, Iwa-chan."

"I'm getting to it," Iwaizumi said gruffly, a vein visible on his cheek.

"Monkeys?" Takashi echoed, affronted. "I know Shouta's not the nicest guy around, but—"