Day One

Your POV

I slowly opened my eyes to look at the dull ceiling, Today was another day, another miserable one at that, but there was a huge difference. I have just moved to Los Angeles, I lived in an apartment at the moment, but I was hoping I would be able to save up enough to buy a home. I turned to my side, letting out a soft sigh to myself as I wrapped my scarred arms around my body.

What's even the point?

Every time I'd have a fight with myself to even get out of the bed, but eventually after half an hour of simply laying there, I sit up, my head beginning to pound a little as the light from the window shot into my eyes. I whined a little, covering them with my hands. I stand up, walking over and closing the blinds, the room covered in darkness, reminds me of something. I walk over, and I retrieve my phone from the night stand, turning it on. It had been on the lowest brightness, so it didn't hurt as bad as the sun did. I unlock it, and I check my notifications.

Markiplier had posted another video, one of the gaming ones. I tap on it, and as soon as it loads Markiplier greets me. "Hello Everybody, My name is Markiplier and today-" I smile as he continues talking, He's one of the only reasons why I do anymore. 

I sit down on the bed, setting up my phone to be able to watch the video without holding the small screen, I grab my brush and I fix up my tangled hair, and I grab one of my long sleeved Shirts, putting it on to cover my arms that where once exposed as I was sleeping with nothing on, cause sleeping nude is comfortable.

I watched the video, Mark screaming at random things for about a whole fifteen minutes, until he says his goodbyes. "Bye-Bye!" He cooed, before the outro took place, and I paused the video.

I let out a soft sigh, suddenly the terrible feeling of sadness coming back to crash down on me, but either way, I force myself to stand and I get long sleeved pants to cover my also scarred thighs, I simply ran out of space on them so I moved to my arms. I grabbed my bag, and held it, walking out the door of my empty and sad apartment.

(TEMI SKEP)

I walk on the sidewalk, looking down as I am heading towards my new job, Of course since I didn't think I was good enough for the bigger jobs, since I'm not, I ended up being a cashier at a gas station. I stare intently at the ground, my mind racing over and over every thought that I deserve to have, After all I'm being punished for something right? Suddenly, I end up crashing into somebody else, and I fall back, but before I fall down I feel their hand grab me by the wrist, a slight pain as their fingers press against one of the fresh ones.

I whine a little. "I-I'm sorry," I start. "I-I didn't-" I look over, and my eyes widen. He gives me a soft smile, the one that I always love, as I admire his dark chocolate brown eyes and his midnight like hair, chiseled jaw line, perfect body...Mark...-

"You shouldn't apologize," He started, as I manage back onto my feet and he lets go of my wrist. "I wasn't paying attention." I listen to his soft deep voice, It sounds so much better in person.

At some point I snap out of it, looking down at the ground clearing my throat and feeling my wrist a little. "N-No... I-I wasn't looking at all... I-It's my fault..." I say, sounds like something I usually say, with the 'It's my fault' thing, cause usually it is.

"Nah, It was mine... Hey, are you alright?" He asks, me then looking at my hand. There was a crimson line.

I panic and I wipe it Away. "I-I'm fine, I-I just had a small cut there from... A nail or something, You know, bad house work." I lie, then managing to look up at his concerned look, but soon he nods, falling for my lies.

"Yeah, That always sucks. You need a Band-aid or something?" He asks.

I shake my head. "...N-No, I'm fine-" I pause for a moment, just noticing the golden furred dog right besides Mark, held with a leash walking over to me and inspecting me with it's snout.

"Oh, This is Chica... I'm sure you already knew that?" Mark says, me looking back up at him. "I mean, that's if I'm right and you're a fan..."

I giggle a little helplessly, reaching one of my hands up to my other arm. "Y-Yeah... It was that obvious huh?" 

Mark shrugs a little. "Yeah, It's okay. You're not the only fan I ran into today. Ever since those Van vlogs people have been everywhere.. You act a little different though." He says.

"...Different? In what way?" I ask.

"I dunno... Just you seem secretive, wooo." He wiggles his fingers, acting like the idiot behind the camera making a joke, and I can't help but laugh. 

My laugh makes him smile clearly, some accomplishment for him. Don't know why though, anything from me is probably a bad thing.My laughter and smile fade away as the thoughts trace back, I now just look at him normally, his own smile disappearing.

"Hey, don't consider that a bad thing though." He says. "Secretive is always pretty cool, especially in games where you gotta theorize and all. Where you get to become your own Personal Jim."

I nod a little, listening to him talk pushes away the terrible thoughts. "Yeah, Jims." I say, hardly able to smile like I usually would.

Suddenly it just feels hard to lie to Mark, looking at him and his sweet pure smile, He's too good for this world, he deserves to be somewhere better, But he ended up here. I check the clock on my phone. "Hey, I've gotta head to work." I say, looking back up at him as Chica walks away from me.

"Yeah, I understand that. It was nice running into another fan though, I'll see you on the internet Ms...?"

"(Y/N)." I answer.

"Ms.(Y/N)." Mark says, smiling. "I'll see you around, maybe." He says, before walking past me with Chica's leash in hand, Chica happily hopping past me.

I let out a deep exhale as I listen to Mark's footsteps leave my earshot, as I feel my wrist a little. 

"Jeez, He probably hates you now.." I mumble to myself, as I continue walking to work.