Day 15

I lay there, listening to a soft thump, and it feels as if I'm brought into a warm embrace. I twitch a little, opening my eyes slowly. The windows beam with sunlight, the TV that once had a horror movie has now simply been turned off. I lift my head slightly, but stop as I don't want to move from such a comfortable position. It feels as if I'm laying on a person.

My brow furrows a little as I whine slightly in discomfort, and I open my eyes once again, I look down a little, and I notice I am after all on a person, and one of my sleeves is rolled up over my elbows, exposing my cuts. I then remember.

"...I was really hoping Ethan was wrong, (Y/N)." I hear him speak, it sounds like he has a cold or something, kind of like that voice he has when he's fighting off tears or is crying.

Shit...

I don't want to move yeah, not because it's comfortable, But I realized I'm still at Mark's house, and he knows now.

"...Wh-What do you mean Ethan...?" I ask, anxiety lifting itself up as I slowly wrap my arms around Mark's torso, He had already had his arms wrapped around me.

"...He was the one who told me. He saw something under your sleeves.. I was really hoping he was wrong.." He sniffles, as I feel him hug me a little tighter. 

"...Y-You don't h-hate me do you?" I ask, not wanting to look up at him, clearly I've done enough damage.

"...Now why would I hate you?" He asks, one of his hands playing with my hair, twirling it up into his fingers.

"...'C-'Cause I'm a freak..-" My voice gets weak during the end of sentence as I hide my face into his chest, tears beginning to seep through my eyes as I grip the back of his shirt tightly.

He just sits there in silence for a moment before he sniffles once more. "I-I couldn't hate you even if I wanted to... I just don't want you to do it anymore..." He says, moving his head down a little to nuzzle his face softly into my hair, I can tell he's started crying while I was asleep, and now He's starting to again. Not like I could help though, I myself am crying, you can't really stop a fire with more fire.

"..Why..?" Mark asks, sniffling once again trying not to become the big bitch baby he is and cry a bit more.

"..C-cause I deserve it..."

"...No..." I can feel Mark shake his head. "You don't deserve this.."

"...You don't know me..."

"I don't need to know you to know that you don't deserve this..." He hics softly. "...No one does... Unless you rape children then yeah you probably deserve it-- Y-You don't deserve to be hurt..." Mark adds.

I stay silent, unable to really say anything anymore now that I'm mostly dedicated to crying now, but to Mark it doesn't matter. He plays with my hair a bit as He rests the side of his face on the top of head hugging me tighter instead of reaches up and wiping away the tears rolling down his face.

I can't get why he's crying though. I get it, he cares but he shouldn't care this much. 

We stay in that position for close to half an hour, like the anxiety attack situation all over again, until soon I make myself sit up. His hands leave my body as I sit up a little more, now noticing I was right in between his legs the whole time as we hugged. I sniffle a little, and I reach my hand up to my face and wipe away the tears. 

"I-I'm sorry.." I whine out a little, and soon he brings his hands to my shoulders, giving me a comforting smile through his teary eyed face. 

"It's okay, (Y/N)..I'll love you no matter what."

It's just like Mark, to always make me smile no matter how he's feeling...

...Wait...

"..L-Love..?" I hic a little, hugging myself.

Mark nods a little, then reaching over and hugging me once again, nuzzling his face into my neck a bit. I smile, furrowing my brow slightly as I hug him back once again, gripping onto the back of his shirt.  I didn't think anyone would ever find me lovable, and at this moment my mind is telling me he's a liar, but I want to listen to my heart this time.

"...I-I don't want to lose you to this... Will you promise me you'll stop...?" He asks, his hug growing a bit tighter as I can feel his body growing more heated oddly. There's a pause as I simply hug him, my smile fading and only giving a sad expression. "..Please...?" He adds, gripping onto my own clothes a bit tighter. 

"...I-I promise." I say, naturally in these situations I'd cross my fingers, so I wouldn't actually have to, but I want Mark to be happy, and If he found out I lied and I still continued, I don't know what type of drama would lie ahead.

Mark smiles, hugging me a little more. "Th-Thank you..." He says, his words getting a little drowsy as said. Clearly he didn't get the sleep he should've last night, thanks to probably crying. 

"...I-I need to take a nap..." Mark says, chuckling a little to himself as one of his hands reach up and wipes his face.

"Y-Yeah... You should probably sleep in for today." I say, trying to get out of the topic we had just gone through, with a whole bunch of drama and promises.

And confessing.

"...Wh-What about you..?" Mark asks, leaning back and looking at me with tired sad eyes.

"I'll just be heading home--"

"Please don't leave.." Mark says, giving me a sad expression, that one I can't usually say no to because of how actually adorable it is. 

I frown, helpless. "...Fine..." I say calmly.

He smiles softly and hugs me once again, forcing me up with him as he stands up and puts me on my feet. "I'm gonna call in." He says, sniffling a bit as he walks past me to find wherever he put his phone, which is probably somewhere stuck in the couch.

I smile as I watch him, looking down at my cut arm is when my smile fades. I won't be able to do that anymore, But in all honesty It's probably healthier for me. My arms will be less scarred after I get some product to get rid of these, Of course the memories are scars, but those are the scars that make me who I am, and look at me.

I'm awesome... Or at least I want to say I am.

I reach down into the couch and look for Mark's phone, finding it soon. "I found it!" I yelp, pulling out the red cased phone as Mark walks over, him taking it.

"Thank you (Y/N).." He says, then dialing the number and calling in dead for work technically. It's Ethan on the other side, so He tells the full truth.. Well not completely, I am standing right there, But Ethan knows close to all of it.

Yeah I'm gonna kick Ethan's ass for telling on me but To be honest, I am happy he did. After the call Mark groans and reaches his arms all over me. "Carry me to my bedroom sweet prince." He whines.

"I ain't no Craig Dream Daddy," I say, pushing him off a little with a small giggle. "C'mon... Show me where your room is and maybe next time I'll carry you there." I'm gonna regret saying that.

"Yay..." Mark says, waving his hands a little as he takes my hand, and shows me to where his bedroom is, I pulling my sleeve back down, It being distracting to me. He enters the room and walks over to the bed, falling down onto it. "Thank you..." He says, waving his hand at me a bit before passing out in seconds.

I smile as i walk over, and move the covers on top of him, and I leave him in the bedroom.  For the rest of the day I treat Mark's house as my own, y'know, cleaning his stupid shit. I fall asleep on the couch this night.