Day 39

It's been a couple days since the phone call from my mother, me and Mark have been a bit more affectionate towards each other, only it growing slowly since Mark seems a bit to worried that he might trigger something. Today, after breakfast, since all we did was fight with kind words, this time I won, and I brushed my teeth. Nothing really big happened, until now. 

My phone rings and I look at the number. "..The police department...?" I ask myself, and I press answer, bringing it to my ear. "Hello?" I ask.

"Hello? Ms.(L/N-Last Name)?"

"Yes, That's me. Is there a problem?" I ask.

"We have learned that a man named Chris Jones has escaped thepPrison building, and we expected you would want to know this."

My eyes widen as I sit up, twirling my fingers into my hair as Anxiety rises. "..Y-Yeah, I would've liked to know that.."

"Of course ma'am. we'll update you when we discover is whereabouts, but in the mean time be cautious about your environment." 

I begin to breathe heavily. "Th-Thank you." I hang up immediately and I stand up. "Mark!" I scream, my voice shaking a lot as I do, my mind is going through every possibility.

He could kill me, He could kill Mark, When my parents get here he could kill them too, and it'd all be my fault 'cause I could just fucking stay with Chris, and deal with the beatings and bruises. I'm a selfish useless prick.

P̷͎͈̯͕͚̼̹̈́̐̅̀a̵̠̔̎̽̂̈́̕t̵͎̅̾͒̃̀̓ḧ̷̗̼̳́̈͌̀͋͜ẽ̷͎̹̈́̋̾͊͑̉͆͜t̴̡̉i̸͉̞̐̑̋̾̒̚c̵̳̼̫̼̾͐̚,̴̦̣̬͔̽͜ ̷̤̲̣̤̜͇͈̓ś̷̘͚͍̌ë̴͕͓̘͖́͌͘l̷̫͓̮̎̄͑f̴̰̲̈̆̂͝i̴͖͍͓̘̭̿͒͋́͗̕̚ş̷̈́̂̄̇̚͘̚h̶̢̖̫͕̻͖̔̽̓͘,̷͔͖͇̭̟̺̀́̌͘ ̵̨͔͙͎̹̰͔̾̊̒̉̋d̶͕̙̒͐̇ͅī̶̡̖̞̪̯̩̮͔s̶̛̗̹̰̰̞͍͋͛͐͂̆g̶̞̦̳̜͎̯̀͗̃́͒͝u̶̲̼̖̳͈͑̔̍͑͘͝s̵̢͇̟̺̣̤͚̆͌̋̋̈́̏̚t̶͍̲͉̓͒̉͊͜i̴̻͖̫̿͒̇̐ń̶̘̣̫̦͍͕̮̪̎͘̚͝g̴͖͚̈̀͂̈̎͊̿,̵̦͎͚̽̿͊̿͊̾ ̸̧̣̯̀͗̄̈́̚͜c̵͚̀͊͐̄͘ủ̷̡̗̮͙͝t̶̗̀͋̇s̶̳̠̪͕̼͗͗̋̂̚,̵͙̊̽̾̍͝ ̵̜͛̀̏̈́̀͊̕͝b̶̥̮͓̥̜̟͇̏̀́̓͗͑̚͝r̸̡̆̂̉̅́͂͛̚ù̷̢̌͗̂͘ì̵͎̞̹̙̫͖̈̿s̶̨͛̔e̷̹͆̆͗́́̂ŝ̵̡͎́͌,̷̧͈͎̩̹̼͌̾͜ ̶͕̞̥̲͇̮̇̌͝r̸͈̜̆̊̈́̍̆a̷̯̞̙͉̞͊̑̃̍͆̚͜͜p̶̩̳̲͙̩͆͗ě̴̺̼̣̬̘̗̬͛̅,̴̧̛̲͚̥̊̊̒͘͘͘ ̶̤̼͖̩̩̝̝͑̎̑̓̄̇͠c̴̮͔̒͌͐͐́͌h̵̰͒͘ö̸̦́͑k̴̢̍ḯ̷̙̫̖͎̻̺̂n̸͕̫̣̲̥̈́͘͝g̵͇͓̱̻̳͎̥̳̑̎͛̕,̷̧̮͚̫̎͛̄̿ ̶͎͕̰̫͇̪̊̍́͋̌͘s̸̡̰̾́̏̔́̈l̸͖̇̓͋̓̐͝͝ͅa̷̡̦̭̬̥͓̠͕͆̅p̷̢̺̜̉̌̀́́̇͒͝p̸͙̪̝̙̟̼̾̓͌i̶̢͙̖͍̜̣͘͜n̷̨̤͇̟͘g̶̨̩̝̣͛̈́ ̷̹͉̈́̓́̈́̊̕͠P̷̖̹͕̤̹̎͆̌́̀́͑͘ä̵̘̐̿Ȋ̴̛̟̲̲͙̥͖̻͈̾̀̆͂͊͘Ǹ̴̬̬͕̪̳͙͈͜͝Ņ̶̮̖͉̉̆͋̅͗̇̉Ņ̷̳̬̩̙̦̓̕̚

"(Y/N)!" I snap out of it, Mark hugging me to his chest, we're on the couch and I take a deep inhale. "Jesus fucking christ." Mark says to himself, I'm in the middle of an anxiety attack, and so I hug Mark back, gripping his shirt tightly as the pain around my chest deepens, until I start doing what I usually do in these situations, follow his breathing.

It takes around half an hour before I calm down and simply lay there on his chest, sitting in down in his lap technically.

"Are you feeling any better?" He asks me, still holding my head to his chest.

"Mhm.. I'm sorry about that..." I say, and I close my eyes, feeling comfortable.

"It's okay.. Can you tell me what happened?"

"Well..." I think of a way on his to explain this to him without getting him into a panic, but I can't really find anything, and so I sigh. "...Don't freak out... But Chris escaped prison--"

"What?!" I grip onto his clothes and he sighs softly. "I'm sorry.. But What? How?"

"I don't know... When they told me it started to kick in so I didn't have time to ask." I say, and  I look up at Mark, opening my eyes to look up at him, technically the under of his jaw but it's better then nothing.

I move up a little and I nuzzle my face into his neck, getting a little more comfortable.

"Either way," Mark starts. "I'll protect you, okay? I promise." Mark says, and he leans his head slightly to mine.

"...Okay." I say a little quietly, and I close my eyes once again, I don't want my thoughts to come back to that, so I focus them around Mark.

(CHEESE)

Throughout the whole day we do the same thing, but today I've been feeling uneasy. In my videos I can hardly concentrate on pretending to smile at the camera. I've been playing Doki Doki literature club, of course it's triggering but I love the game. I pause the game and both the recording and get up to go to the bathroom, I check the closet first before hand, and after I check around the whole house, my paranoia has been kicking in.

"(Y/N), Are you feeling alright?" Mark asks, I jump and I turn around, hitting against the wall.

I didn't even notice he was there..

"Y-Yeah." I say, and I nod.

"I'm sorry did I scare you?" Mark asks, and he walks over, closer that is, and looks at my eyes.

I notice his are darker then usual, but he still has his shadow..

"...Are YOU okay Mark?" I ask, and Mark furrows his brow; confused. 

"Why?"

"You.. Nevermind, I'm fine." I reach over and hug him tightly, him hugging me back.

"...Okay... I'm making dinner soon so come down after your recording please." Mark says, kissing my head softly before leaving to go back to the kitchen.

Once he's gone I let out a soft sigh and walk back to my recording area.

(AYAS)

After the recording my mother texts me, telling me that she'll be coming tomorrow, and I reply with the address. 

"Try to get dad to NOT kill my boyfriend, please?" I ask, after sending her the information.

"Your father is unpredictable, What he does is what he does."

"Well at least try to tell him not to. I don't want to lose Mark. He's the only reason I'm here right now."

"Aww, How sweet." My mother sends. "I'll manage to get him to at least spare him. After a few hits."

"Nuuu Mark just got shot as of late he can't take any hits." 

"He got shot? How?!"

"Well I was about to get kidnapped and he saves me." I lie, mostly. 

I don't want her knowing to much and worrying.

"He's a sweet boy, I'll get your father to... Not."

I smile. "Thank you." I reply, and I soon walk away from the recording room and I go downstairs to the kitchen, Mark usually doesn't make this much, but today he made a LOT of my favorite dinner, Which from the looks of it, It doesn't look like on purpose either. I smile and sit down, and I begin eating anyways, until I pause.

I'm not supposed to be eating anymore, but with how much Mark made..

"Hey Mark, next time don't cook dinner, or breakfast for me." I say, taking a bite for this dinner is to be my last.

He gives me a confused look as he gives a little to Chica, putting it in her bowl. "Why?" 

Chica begins eating as I look over. "You're over working yourself, over me. And I just think maybe I should cook at some point." I say, taking a bite as Mark walks over and sits across from me.

"But--"

"Look," I cut him off. "I get it. You love me and, you wanna give me everything you can." I say some parts through my teeth. "But you just need to calm down a bit. I love you too, and you don't need to express it by over working yourself." 

Mark frowns a little, shrugging his shoulders a bit. "..Fine." He says, pouting a little as he takes his own bite, and I smile.

"Thank you babe.." I pause and he looks over at me.

We've been taking things slow so that's the first time I really called him anything. He smiles a bit, as I clear my throat.

"Well.. My mom said she'd be over here tomorrow."

"What? Really?" Mark smiles fades as he pays more interest in me then anything, even Chica lapping up the food from her bowl.

"Yeah, My Dad and Mom. Maybe even one of my siblings.."

I have a little brother back at home, (Hue) he's always looked up to me. I missed his 12th birthday..

"That sounds great."Mark says, smiling at me, a happy grin if anything. "I can't wait to meet them, even if one is actually gonna kill me." Mark says, chuckling softly.

"Yeah I guess." I giggle softly, and I devour the rest of the food.