XXXVI: Father

Makseun P.o.V

The show was coming to a close when an AURA near the front caught my attention. She had pastel pink hair that glinted in the lights and a bisexual pride flag with the hangul for l'Busan' on it in her hand. I catch her eye and crouch near her, still singing into the mic. I point at the flag and she graciously hands it to me, not before pointing over my shoulder. I raise an eyebrow and turn to look, not seeing anything. She points at me and then her underarm.

I do as she instructed and see a patch of blood staining the gentle colour of the shirt. Shit. I smile gratefully at her and drape the flag over my shoulders, turning and walking away. But obviously not turning away before winking playfully. The stadium goes wild. Welp, the camera caught that oops. I smile widely and start walking down the stretch of stage that jutted into the crowd, waiting as the next song began.

"Everyone... I want you all singing this with me..." The crowd goes crazy again. "Can you do that for me..?"

"YES!" The crowd screams, light sticks blinking crazily in the dark.

As the song, Ocean Waves, begins their screams quieten, saving their breath to sing for me. I sing with them at first, stopping every now and then to hear them. But I cant hear properly with my ear buds in. I pull them out, instantly getting bombarded with the beautiful singing of my fans - my family - around me. I smile, heart swelling as they sang word for word, voices overpowering the speakers by miles. I feel my throat begin to go tight and my mouth tense as happy, loving tears force their way to my eyes. I let my head fall back and close my eyes, focusing on nothing but their voices. Not, the adrenaline, not the pain, not the flag, not the sweat trickling down my spine, not the heart ache caused by Yoongi, not the fear of possibly seeing my father.

Just AURA. Tears prick at the corners of my eyes and slowly leak down my cheeks, not going unnoticed by AURA. Their singing stops and they shout at me not to cry.

"No," my voice sounds weak and pitiful so I clear my throat. "Don't stop. Sing for me." They quickly oblige and I slowly walk back to the main stage, desperately trying to hold back my tears. I turn and face the crowd, eyes barely able to focus on the mass of moving light sticks that swayed with the slow beat of the song. Eventually the song ends and I manage to keep myself from crying as my eyes begin scanning around the crowd.

"Everyone, I'm going to-" my voice breaks and I put my hand to my throat, face flushing embarrassedly. AURA laugh. "I'm going to need your help. My sister. She's here today. Can you help me find her?" The lights lower and the faces become visible as light sticks turn off. I scan the crowd. "Liu, wave or jump or something. Please?" I see a light stick flare up near the end of the projection of the stage. A weak yell of my name reaches my ears.

I feel my lips widen into a smile. I'd know that voice anywhere. I run to the edge of the stage and see her forcing her way to the front, tears streaming down her pretty face. She reaches for my arm and I wrap my good arm around her shoulders, burying my face in the crook of her neck. I push the mic away from my lips. "Liu, I've missed you so much!"

"I'm so proud of you!" She whimpers, sobbing into my shoulder. "I cant believe how huge you've gotten!"

I pull away and gesture to the stage. "Come, let me help you up." I wrap my arms around her and lift her onto the stage, helping her to her feet before hugging her once more. I pull away and bring my mic to my lips, gesturing for her to head back stage.

"Everyone, I have one last song for you tonight. It's not my song, you'll be glad to know." I joke. "It's a cover. A song by some of my best friends. I'll be singing Forever Young by BTS!"