XXXVII: Snow And Showers

Makseun P.o.V

"Hyung..." I whisper, breath clouding thickly in front of me.

He turns quickly, eyes settling on me. A small smile covered his lips as he closed the distance between us warily, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into his chest.

The cold doesn't matter to me anymore. The faint stinging in my cheek faded and my shoulder stopped throbbing. The only thing that mattered to me was being in his arms again. Being able to see him and apologise to his face. But I didn't get that far. The moment his rough, icy hands gathered me close... I broke down.

I buried my head in his shoulder and cried.

Cried from the stress of the tour. From the fear and pain my father caused. Because of the agony and terror of the harness incident. From the hunger that bubbled in my stomach. The emptiness of being separated from him for so long. He didn't push me away. He held me close, tears of his own soaking through my thin top.

Once I calmed down, he pulled away from the hug, wiping away my tears with the sleeve of his jacket. He stared into my eyes for a few moments, snowflakes sticking on his glistening eye lashes. Our breath mingled between us, smoking and swirling in the few inches that separated our faces.

Those few inches got closed. His freezing lips pressed to mine, familiar and inviting. I kiss back, cupping his cheek with one hand to pull him closer. He moved away momentarily for air before pressing his lips against mine once more. His fingers hooked through my belt loops, as they always do, and pulled me into him, camera completely forgotten and hanging at his side.

Slowly he pulls away, merciless winds stabbing at my once warm lips. His eyes slowly fluttered open and he smiled again, snow collecting on his hat. "Baby... I've missed you..." He whispers, scanning my face as if he were trying to memorise every inch of it.

I rest my forehead on his, pulling his scarf up over the back of his neck. "I've missed you too..." I breathe, happy to be with him again. The wind blows harshly and I struggle to bite back the gasp that accompanies the huge shudder that vibrates through my body.

He removed himself from me, leaving my entire being cold as he pulled off his coat. "Here, baby, wear this." He passes it to me and I shake my head, pushing it back to him.

"No, you'll be cold then." I protest, wrapping my arms around myself.

He pointed to himself. "I'm wearing a hat, scarf, sweater and a hoodie. I think I can spare a layer." He joked, draping it over my shoulders.

It's so warm...

I smile thankfully and slowly push my arms into it, zipping it up with already numb fingers. "Thank you..." I mumble, quickly moving back into his chest and wrapping my good arm around his shoulders.

He pulls me close, nuzzling into my neck cutely. His jacket is so warm and comfortable on my bare arms, but the main thing heating me was the contact with him once again.

"Hyung... I'm sorry..." I whisper into his neck, burying my face into the warm fabric of his scarf.

"Why, baby?" He mumbled. He's used that nickname in pretty much every sentence so far. I love it.

"About... Jungkook... I-"

"Baby, forget about it." He said calmly, bringing a hand up to run through my hair. "It's okay... I've spent two months with him and we've sorted it out."

I pull away from the hug. "You sure?" I ask quietly, struggling to keep my teeth from chattering.

He nodded and linked his fingers with mine, turning and walking towards the beach. "Come, let's go for a walk." He said quietly, leading me down the stairs.