XXXXVIII: Hoseok-ssi

Makseun P.o.V

The day after the shoot is Hoseok's birthday. And that day is today. The boys had an intense practice in the morning, meaning Yoongi left me at 8 from our shared bed. He didn't wake me for long and I soon settled back into sleep, waking around 10 to the cold empty room and a deafening silence. I've gotten so used to sleeping besides him, it's strange to wake up and not hear him snoring or not feel his arms around me. So I peel myself from the sheets, opening the curtains to blind myself back to the waking world. I stare out the window at the quiet street of Seoul our building looked down on, forcing my eyes to stay open as I stretch out my limbs.

I grab my pyjama joggers from the floor and a loose white tee, pulling them on and exiting my room. The apartment is devoid of any sound besides my lazily stomping feet and my almost agonised breathing as I rub my eyes with the heels of my hands to wipe the sleep away. Namjoon and Taehyung's door was hanging slightly open, giving a view into the untidy mess of Namjoon's bed. Jungkook's door was all the way open, showing a tangle of sheets and extra pillows. I guess he spent the night with Taehyung then.

I plod into the kitchen and rummage through the fridge for brunch, grumbling when I see no food. I look through the cupboards and pull out a breakfast bar, maybe two, and peel off the wrapping to stuff one into my mouth whole.

Knock knock!

I grumble around the breakfast bar and try to devour it as I make my way to the door, opening it and peeping around.

"Boo!"

I yelp and scramble away, falling to the floor and breathing in a load of the crumbling breakfast. Liu looks in, huge grin on her petite face. Her eyes widen when she sees me coughing roughly on the floor, hauling huge bags in with her. "C'mon lazy bones!" She jokes, carrying the bags to the kitchen and dumping them on the counter. "Help me get the rest."

I look up at her, eyes watering as I force myself to my feet. "Why, what's it for?" I ask, mind still still not awake.

She looks at me like I'm dumb. "It's February 18th." I raise an eyebrow. "Hoseok's birthday, dumbass!" She exclaims, smacking me around the back of my head.

I whine and follow her to her apartment, overwhelmed with the amount of bags that she had collected by her door. Two huge ones filled with gifts, and then several others filled with ingredients for the food we'd be making. I grab all the bags full of food, two in one hand and three in the other, as she grabs the gifts and leads the way back to the apartment to open the doors for me.

"Let's get cooking!" I exclaim, dropping the bags on the island and searching through for the lists of food we need to cook for the party.

~~~

By two in the afternoon we had cooked bibimbap, hoedeok, kimchi, cakes, and all kinds of other delicious foods. Sometimes I'm glad I had to cook for us because my dad was too much of an ass to try and keep us alive. Liu went to hers to change when we were done cooking and I quickly went to my room and rummaged through my wardrobe for clothes. I grab a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and an oversized white sweater. It's sleeves go just past my hands, meaning I have to scrunch them up a bit, and it hangs loosely from my shoulders, exposing probably a bit too much of my collar bones. I take it off and grab another top, a loose white button up shirt. I pull it on, doing all but the top two buttons up and look myself over in the mirror. Okay, better. I then try to tame my hair and head back into the living room just as Liu closes the door behind her.