XXXV: Belt

⚠ COULD CONTAIN SUBJECTS SOME READERS MAY FIND TRIGGERING (scenes of domestic abuse) ⚠

Makseun P.o.V

By the time Yoongi and I left the hospital, I wore a sling and had completely taken control of Social Medit entirely. Theories about Yoongi and I were being thrown around, pictures of us in the waiting room had already began circulating, new videos and questions were being tweeted and sent to me on all platforms and we were both receiving angry or concerned calls or texts from our companies and friends.

And snow was beginning to stick to the freezing ground. A thin white carpet crunched beneath our feet and clouds of breath swirled in front of us. My phone began ringing and I sigh, sliding it from my back pocket and untangling my fingers from his.

"Hello?"

"If it's possible to sound like a fag, you sure do."

I instantly feel myself tense up and allow myself to drift away from Yoongi. "Father..." I greet blankly.

"I've seen everything." I gulp. "I saw the picture. Your picture. I saw the other stuff too. Who's this Min Yoongi bitch?" He spat out the name as if it left a foul taste in his mouth.

"Leave him out of this."

"No, he's broken you again. Just as I thought I fixed you. I want you and Liu home now." He snapped, anger biting at me through the line.

"I'm not a child. Liu's coming with me back to Seoul."

"Home. Now." The line went dead. I push the phone back into my pocket and run my hand over my face.

"Who was that?"

"A-Ahn..." I lie, not looking up at him. "Look, there's somewhere I need to go. Head back to the hotel and use some of my stuff to sleep, if you want. Here's the key." I fumble with fingers that were numb with new found anxiety and pass him my key, forcing it into his hand. "Tell Liu to stay with the boys, tell them to not let her go home. I'll be back probably tomorrow morning."

"But Makseun, its eight pm. It's already dark and-"

"I'm a big boy now, I can take care of myself." I joke, kissing his cheek with a forced smile. "Plus, its only a five minute walk from here. I'll be fine."

He hums nervously, leaning in slightly to give me a quick peck on the lips. "Okay... Text me when you get there, okay?" I nod, forcing yet another smile onto my face and turning on my heel, walking quickly away from him.

Why am I going? I don't have to. I'm not a child.

If you don't go, he'll hurt you more.

I sigh and shove my hand into my pocket, letting my hair flop over my forehead as I went. I regret not wearing a coat or a scarf or something as the cold air bit at my neck, face and ears, horrible tingling sensation numbing me completely. Maybe it won't hurt as much now...

I continue walking. The walk was about twenty minutes, so I text Yoongi half way to let him know I'm okay. He replies quickly and says he's just gotten into the lift and is waiting for it to reach our floor. I smile at his texts but force myself not to reply, focusing on the rest of the walk.

If I went right there I'd almost be at Jimin's old house... If I go left up here I'll be heading to my old Gymnastics hall... If I'd carried on straight then I would be heading to my old middle school.

The building slowly became more drab and dishevelled as I got further away from the town centre, but eventually the estates started to become larger. My old house was one of those larger estates, but compared to the massive ones it was an average sized house. The garden was larger than those of most peoples, but the square feet covered by the house itself was average.