Our 21st Way

I keep staring down,to the thing in his hand,i could still see the hot steam coming out from it.

I heard him sigh,and in shaky voice from the coldness,he spoke:
"I didn't ran in the rain, got soaked,and currently freezing, to get you rejected this"

Hesitantly,i take it from his hand,his cold fingers brushed against mine,sending a wave of shiver and guilt down my spine. I sniff the cup and was taken aback.
Hot Chocolate!

I gulped it down,and soon flinched.

"Tssk,of course it's hot Einstein" Jimin scoffed and rolled his eyes.

I take a sip and smile widely,at last...some warmness 😄
I keep sipping it slowly,letting the warmness of the hot chocolate sink in. I was about to take another sip,but i froze when my eyes suddenly landed on his face. He had been eying the cup all this time,and i saw he secretly lick his lower lips. So i handed him the hot chocolate.

He seem suprised and quickly shake his head.
"What?No,i bought that for your cold pathetic self"

I grunted and keep pushing the steamy cup to his face.
"Speak for yourself jerk. You're literally freezing"

He take a last glance to me and at last take the cup away from my hand,slowly sipping it and sigh in delight. He keep sipping,and i took the chance to open the drawer,smiling as the thing i wanted to find,is in there just as i expected.

...

Jimin grabbed my arm,stopping me and making me came back to my senses. What...have i done?

Wait,WAIT!

Did i really just helped Jimin dried himself by wiping him...using the towel?!

What had gotten into me. Don't tell...don't tell me that i already have a soft spot for him?! I quickly sunk in my seat,body facing him and my arm is still in his hand. Suddenly, the car was flooded with awkward silence and a game of staring into each other's eyes. I coughed and look away,feeling my arm was quickly released.

I massage my wrist,looking out through the window,the rain is still there,same as the thick awkward silence...

"Can i have that?"

Before i was able to responsed,Jimin leaned in to my sit. I quickly closed my eyes,feeling panicked. What is he doing?! I could feel his hand on my lap,cold, but at the same time, warm...?

One minute,two minute...

Feeling nothing happened,i slowly open my eyes,and saw Jimin desperatly tried to dry himself,wiping the excessive water using the towel. By now,it was already heavy from the water it absorbed. Owh...he ment the towel just now. Pfft,Y/n, why are you acting like this? Come back to your sense!

Jimin then throwed the heavily soaked towel to me,making some part of my face get sprinkled by the water. I grunted and wipe it off by using my sleeve. Soon,we were back on the road,Jimin driving quietly in his seat and i dare not to make any conversation. I spread open the towel and put it on the dashboard to let it dry.

"You know it's not gonna dry,right?" Jimin said,his eyes still fixed on the road ahead.

"Well,it's better than just crumpled it up."

"Your point is...?"

"Well,Sherlock...at least it won't smell bad. You don't have to use a lot of detergent to get rid of the smell" I said as inspected my nails,unamazed.

"Wow,you know a lot"

I scoffed,"That's like...the most basic thing ever. Even my dog know that"

"Your dog knows how to do laundry?"

"Nope,i don't have a dog" i smirked in victory as i glance to look at him.

He had keep the most unfazed gaze,but deep down i know he was shocked by my comeback.

"Fine then,Red"

"R...Red?"

"What? I get to call you whatever i want,small reminder that i'm the one who save your pathetic self back there."

I shake my head and lean into my seat,my eyes feel heavy out of sudden. The sound of rain tapping against the car window produced a rhtymatic sound, more like a lullaby.Letting out a small yawn,i lean into the seat deeper,and soon drifted off...