Chapter 9- OUTDOORS

Shouts❤❤ to these amazing people who are consistent readers❤----
The_Dweeb
Violet97777
Writing_Queen_Jnr23
More shouts in the next chapters❤❤
xxx

Lara froze in shock and Emma withdrew from the short kiss.

Before she could say anything, the door opened and Ella walked in, followed by Brie.

Emma immediately pushed herself away from Lara and rose to her feet.

"Em," Ella called her sister, "You coming?"

"Yeah." Emma walked over to her sister, who was standing at the door with Brie.

"Good night, Lara." Brie said and headed out with Ella and Emma following.

Emma glanced at Lara who was still in the same position with the same shocked expression on her face.

She inaudibly sighed and walked out of the room.

Did Emma, Ella's quiet twin sister, just kiss me? Lara asked herself, still trying to process the entire night into her little head.

Cutting her short in her thoughts was a phone call.

She quickly picked up her phone to see who it was, and realized it was her mother. But deep down, she was hoping it was someone else... Jayden. She hadn't heard from him since that morning.

"Mother!" Lara yelped.

"Lara, dear, how are you doing? How's everything? Are they treating you well?"

Her mom was one to worry a lot. Well, whose mom didn't worry a lot?

"Yes, I'm fine. They treat me very well." Lara said, when funny enough, the image that came into her head was of Katy calling her a slut and Brie staring at her in disappointment.

"That's great darling! But look, Lara dear, you don't have to do this. We can ask your Uncle Steve to-"

"NO." Lara sounded so loud her mom shook on the other end of the phone,

"Absolutely NOT, mom. Don't ask him for anything. I can handle this on my own. And Mrs. Benson pays me really well. I can take care of us. Trust me, mom."

Lara's mother paused on the other end of the phone, and Lara heard a sob.

"Mom, are you crying? Please don't cry."

"But what about college, dear?" Her mother's voice wobbled, "How are we going to pay for it?"

"Mom, I told you I've already applied for some scholarships, plus I'm saving good money and taking classes online. I've got this. Trust me, mom."

"Alright, dear." Her mother sniffed, "You know you're the only one I've got. And I want the best for you."

"I love you mom."

Her mother smiled. "I love you more honey."

"How are things at the salon?" Lara asked and her mom replied,

"They're alright. It's better than before. I'm working my ass off to give my baby the life she deserves."

"Mom," Lara laughed, "You don't have to. Let me do all the work to give YOU the life you deserve, okay?"

"But-"

"Okay?"

Her mother gave up, "Okay, dear."

"Good." Lara smiled.

"Alright, let me leave you to sleep. It's past eleven and you shouldn't be up late. Less sleep gives you eye bags."