Chapter 20- GET TO KNOW

HEY EVERYONE. 6K? I started this in December, How did That happen? I'm pretty sure it's people who noticed comments in their newsfeed on smut paragraphs in this book and were like, "Broooo, Smut alert! Smut alert! We need to check out this smut!"

If so, thank you Brie, Mr. Benson, Lara and Jayden. Your loyalty knows no bounds.

ROFL😂 JK! Thank you all for being here up until now. I owe this to you. Can the rest of the world be as nice as you are? :'(

Jayden got to his feet immediately, "No way. No freaking way. You're out of your mind."

"Jayden," Kira held his hand, "Sit down, please."

"You've got to be kidding. There's no way you'd suggest that."

Kira tugged at his wrist, "Jayden, please. Sit down and listen to me."

Jayden reluctantly sat on the bed, and she came closer in her seat in front of him, holding his hands,

"You need to visit Florence in jail-"

"Kira, I can't. You know that."

"You can, and you will." She squeezed his hands.

He looked distressed, as if he had just been asked to jump off the Eiffel Tower.

"I reached out to you for help. Not to make things worse."

"I'm not making it worse," She let him know. "You need closure. It's for closure."

"Kira, please. I can't meet that woman. After everything she did to me."

Kira held his gaze whilst holding his hands. The sad look in his eyes made her feel sorry and sad as well, but she knew meeting Florence was the only way for him to move past the incident, completely.

She looked down at their laced fingers, "I know it's tough, but this is the one thing you've avoided for years. From therapist to therapist, anytime this came up, you bailed."

"Doctor Anna said I didn't have to." He defended, "She was my last therapist. After her, I felt completely fine."

"Do you feel fine now?" She lifted her head to meet his captivating deep blue eyes.

Silence. He just held her gaze.

He parted his lips to speak, but closed them right after because he had nothing to say.

"You don't," she answered for him, "Else I wouldn't be here. I promise you, after seeing Florence, everything will be fine. Those memories Lara triggered will not be a problem in your life anymore. You just need to get closure. It's our only option."

Jayden sighed. He hated the idea of having to meet with that woman again after several years.

"But what am I going to say to her? Hey, Florence, how you doing? How's life been since you don't have any kids to screw in jail?"

"That is why we'll be gone for two weeks, so I can prep you up. Give you all the guidelines. Trust me, you'll be fine." Kira informed and patted his shoulder, before getting up from her seat.

"I wanna sleep by ten so-" She checked the time on her analogue rose gold wristwatch, "We have half an hour to talk about Lara and why you crossed boundaries with her."

"Lemme go make sure one of the guest rooms is set up," he said, about to rise from the bed, but she stopped him,

"It's okay. I can sleep here." She shrugged.

"Are you sure?" He was looking up at her, "You're comfortable with that?"

"Of course."

Jayden smiled, and the sight was absolutely beautiful. She was happy to see him smile.