CHAPTER 53- THE MISTRESS

Dana and Emma immediately turned on their stools and responded to Jayden who was now standing at the doorway of the kitchen in his white shirt and khaki pants.

"Good evening!" Dana and Emma responded.

Dana noticed that he had shifted his gaze from her and Emma to Lara who still had her back towards him. Dana turned to Lara who still wouldn't budge.

Jayden then shifted his gaze to Dana who had also returned hers by the sound of his voice,

"Let me speak with you."

Dana confusedly turned to Lara, turned back to Jayden and stammered when she had realized his gaze had sat transfixed on her, "M- me"? she pointed at herself.

"Yes," Jayden confirmed, adding while turning away, "And Emma. Follow me."

"Uh, yes Sir," they both responded as they began to abandon their seats beside Lara.

Lara immediately whipped her head to Jayden, confusion emanating from her arched brows but he had already begun to walk away from the kitchen in powerful strides.

What did he want with Dana and Emma? He'd barely even ever had a proper conversation with them.

"What's this about?" Dana mouthed to Lara as she and Emma had begun to follow Jayden.

"I don't know," Lara mouthed back, "Tell me everything he says."

***

Jayden unlocked his room door and walked in with Emma and Dana following before he closed the door.

He stood before them in his towering form, arms crossed as he contemplated on how to begin.

He shifted his gaze from Dana to Emma, his intense gaze heightening their curiosity.

"Is there a problem?" Dana asked, curiosity feverishly gnawing at her knees.

But Jayden just remained fixed in thought.

Looking at Emma, and from the little stories Lara had told him, he didn't think Emma would be capable of getting involved with his father; a married man in that sense. From Lara's words, Emma was more reserved, shy and morally upright. She couldn't even hurt a fly.

Now for Dana, he wasn't too sure. She had this sultry, fierce look. A daring flame in her black eyes. Lara had once told him that Dana was the type to say whatever she thought, or do whatever she wanted to do. She was free-spirited and took advantage of every opportunity, but gave good advice all the time.

Good in what sense, though?

"Lara tells me you're who she's closest to," his dark blue eyes fixed on Dana's black ones.

Even that in itself should contribute to the probability of Dana being the mistress, he thought. Lara had passionately defended the act and had vehemently refused to name the maid. It would only make sense that it had been someone she was very close to.

"Yeah..." Dana responded, but all she could think about was how Lara had managed to go through thirty damn days beside this Adonis of a person and remain celibate.

Jayden was crazy hot, she knew that. But standing in this close perimeter with him - this being her very first time- made her question so many things Lara had done and had not done.

"You know what happened then," he stated.

Dana inquired, "Know what happened where?"

"Lara and I. I know you knew about our relationship. You, Emma, Brie, Katy. You four."