CHAPTER 36- CONFESSIONS

(Previously, on Riverdale. Jughead found out that all along, he had feelings for his childhood friend, Maya. Will Maya reciprocate his feelings when he decides to tell her?? Let's find out)

-Play Song above- Homesick by Dua Lipa and Chris Martin from Coldplay. I cannot describe the beauty of this song in simple words. You can decide to replay or not as well. Enjoy le update.

"What are you doing here?" Lara asked and turned around from the door to find Jayden sitting on the edge of her bed, facing Rachel's bed with his back towards her in the semi darkness that engrossed the room.

What was he doing in her room at this late hour?

For two weeks, ever since that unfortunate night of her humiliation, they had been avoiding each other. Well, she had been, but he had never made any effort to break the ice or talk to her.

Until now.

He slightly turned his head in her direction, his soft gaze catching her speculating one as he murmured, "We need to talk."

His voice was low and alluring, and posed as a threat to her proper thinking abilities. It was powerful enough to get her crumbling to her knees, but gone were the days she would easily succumb to its torturing pleasures. She would not allow it.

Lara slowly walked into her room, dark hair disheveled with her eyes still on his.

What did he even want to talk about? Hadn't he already said all he wanted to?

"We don't." She stated as she took off her wedged shoes then walked over to the shoe rack she shared with Rachel and placed them on the third row.

"You've been avoiding me." His voice calm, collected and effortlessly sensual soothed its way into the layers of her soft skin as it tried to reactivate her senses towards him. The man she had been crazy about.

Lara turned to meet his gaze. His eyes weren't as icy as they had been that morning in the hallway. They were filled with immense emotion that nearly drew her into their swirling pools of warmth, but she immediately diverted her gaze as she pushed back a few locks of her hair behind her ear.

"What did you expect?" She asked, staring at the wall beside her as if it had begun to display the trailer for an upcoming Tv show on the CW.

His eyes refused to tear away from her. No matter how hard they tried.

"You're right." He conceded, surprise returning her gaze to his as she stood a few feet away from her bed where he was seated, his bare feet touching the carpeted floor, shoulders dropped idly and hands slumped between his parted legs as he was clad in a black short sleeved shirt that displayed his muscled arms, with a pair of grey sweatpants.

He continued to speak, "After what happened between us, you have every right to not want to see me again."

"So why are you here?" She asked, a scowl finding solace on her pretty face.

"Can we talk?" He requested.

She scoffed sarcastically, "Yeah, 'talk'." as she began to unzip her romper from the back of the one piece clothing and let it slip to pool around her bare feet, leaving her in a beige bra and a matching pantie as she walked towards her closet. With her back facing him, she unhooked her bra, placed it on a hanger and slipped on a thick woolen sweatshirt and purple shorts before grabbing a pair of purple socks from a drawer beside the closet and walked towards his direction.

"What?" She asked as she neared Jayden who had his eyes fixed on Rachel's bed, "Are you uncomfortable watching me undress in front of you? Oh yeah, that's right. You are." She made a jab at their last encounter in his room.