Chapter 51- HIDDEN FEELINGS

Welcome back!

Previously on HPM:

Jayden knocked on the entrance door thrice and waited.

The ride with Lara had been so quiet that even a cemetery guard would question their liveliness. He had dropped her at her mother's before stopping by his friend, Miranda's place.

He was just about to knock for the third time when suddenly the door flew open, his knock nearly landing on the girl's forehead but Ariana was a quick one as she ducked just in time.

---------------------------

"Whoa whoa whoa," the petite brown-eyed girl with beautiful brown hair began, "Dude you nearly knocked me out."

"I'm sorry," Jayden apologized, his dark blue eyes scrutinizing the young girl who had an uncanny resemblance to his friend, Miranda.

Just then, another voice boomed from the living area, "Jayden!" The short middle-aged woman's dark brown eyes widened when she had laid them on the young man at the door, "What a pleasant surprise!" she beamed.

Jayden smiled, "I'm sorry for not informing you before stopping by. Do you have a minute?"

"Yes, yes. Do come in." She told her daughter, "Ariana, let him enter."

"Mum, how d'you know him?" she asked, taking in the toe-curling appearance of the young man before her who had nearly knocked her out.

Miranda noticed the way Jayden's thick eyebrows had risen in surprise when Ariana had referred to her as 'Mum'.

"I see you've met my other daughter," Miranda smiled, "Jayden, Ariana, my second daughter. Ariana, Jayden," she introduced them.

"Jayden who?" Ariana began to ask but her mother had already begun leading Jayden away from the door saying,

"This way."

"How've you been? How's everything?" she asked while offering him a seat in her office, "Would you like a glass of water or some coffee?"

"I'm good, thanks," he assured Miranda, who had been a part of the few batches of counsellors that had been assigned to him by the law enforcement during and after the court issue.

She smiled empathetically for a few seconds then walked a couple of feet away to occupy the sofa opposite him.

"Tell me what's wrong, Jayden. You're smiling but your eyes never lie. You're sad."

Jayden lopsidedly grinned and relaxed on the sofa. He glanced around the moderately furnished room while trying to form the right words to begin his conversation.

"I-I just want to talk to you about something. It won't take long, I promise. I know you're a very busy woman."

"I have a session at three pm and it's nine fifteen am right now so we've got a generous amount of hours to talk," she smiled warmly.

Jayden nodded. He hesitated, leaned forward, absentmindedly stared at a vase on a glass table fifteen inches away from him, then relaxed in his seat once more with a sigh.

"Take your time," she advised.

***

Emma gently brushed her medium-length dark brown hair over her bathrobe as she gazed into her brown eyes through the mirror. She remembered the night she had shockingly kissed Lara months ago, eventually providing a clue of her sexuality to Lara.

Lara had still been the only person who knew of her sexuality. There was no way her twin sister could know.

She would never let it out.