3. Equanimity

Let the school festival...begin.

🦋

At 8 o'clock in the morning, 'Alice's Adventure in Wonderland' cafe is open to the public. The guests, students from other classes and people from outside, can be seen wandering around while looking at the booths, classrooms, attractions, and people who don costumes.

Space, the male 'Alice', is idling in the classroom. He is sitting on a special table for two with Venus, 'Alice's Older Sister', who is diligently reading a book.

According to the script, the ones with 'Roles' will be in some designated areas for 'Alice' to go and find later. Once 'Alice' finds the 'Main Characters', they will engage in some kind of discussion to promote our classroom's cafe. The whole school has been turned into 'Wonderland' by students of my class for the sake of this theme.

Putting on the 'Cheshire Cat' mask, I take another look at my costume. 'Cheshire Cat' can make its body disappear and appear at will. I can't do that. Which is why, I decide to blend into the surrounding by wearing my school uniform. There are a lot of students wearing their uniforms when not on duty. I plan to use this tactic to act as 'Cheshire Cat's ability.

A rather lame and weak attempt to play my role, some might say. Do I have the motivation to help the class, some might ask. Where is the 'Cheshire Cat's trademark grin, some might wonder.

It can't be helped for them to lose some of their motivation because of my apparent lack of effort in contributing to my class. This mask is all I wear to become 'Cheshire Cat'. Mercury Caduceus is not someone flexible enough to play the role of 'Cheshire Cat' with fervour.

I should have realised this sooner and request to exchange with someone in kitchen duty, one might think.

I would normally agree, except... I doubt I will be a good helper in the kitchen. I can't be an amiable waitress either. The only thing I can do is by going missing... By keeping this 'Cheshire Cat' role.

That's right. They don't know I have no desire to partake in the 'play'. I will not be waiting for 'Alice'. I will be wandering around the school, as 'Cheshire Cat'. I feel sorry for my classmates, who might be troubled by 'Chesire Cat's disappearance. But, to stay in one place... To talk to people...

For their sake, let's not say anything at all.

Cosmos, the 'Queen of Hearts', is ready to leave the standby area to his castle, which is the stairs to the roof. 'King of Hearts' is also with him, following him as the partner of 'Queen of Hearts'. Cosmos has crossdressed and donned makeup to become a quite beautiful 'Queen of Hearts'. I have no idea if the real 'Queen of Hearts' is supposed to be beautiful, but the girls seem to have fun making Cosmos into a beauty.

It also seems like our female classmates are quite disappointed with Space who refuses to crossdress. Thus, they use up all their energy on Cosmos.

Galaxy, the 'Mad Hatter', before leaving the standby area to wait in the cafeteria, has given me a chocolate bar to cheer me up. It seems like he overhears some of what our classmates complaints about me.

"Don't be discouraged," Galaxy says with a smile before leaving completely with his partner, 'March Hare'

"See you around, 'Cheshire Cat'," Cosmos calls out as he leaves the standby area, following Galaxy's exit

See me around? I plan to avoid the rooftop. Supposedly, 'Cheshire Cat' was beheaded by 'Queen of Hearts' in her castle. I do not want a reenactment of that scene.

Asterism, the 'White Rabbit', has taken off his bandage and wear a rabbit ears headband. With appropriate costume for 'White Rabbit', he is waiting for the rest of us to leave for our posts before starting the chase with 'Alice'.