19. Karma

You reap what you sow, the good and the bad.

🦋

Sir Gravity Pollux, Grandfather of Galaxy Pollux, is not as unpleasant as I originally thought. It's a lie. That Old Man is not someone I want to be around me for a long period of time. Old or no, that man has a mean streak that even I am hard pressed to surpass. Not for the lack of trying.

That Old Man, I later learn, always deliberately allowed assassins to come a bit too close to give me a lesson on expecting the worse from people.

This damned Old Man! Assassins! Multiple people who aimed to kill this powerful Old Man! He intentionally exposed me to these dangers!

Haaah, I am extremely glad that the end of the week is already here. It means I will no longer need to expose myself to such dangers. I optimistically wait to be dismissed after finishing my job as Sir Gravity's assistant on Saturday.

There is a change of plan.

On Sunday, without the need to go to work at the companies, Sir Gravity decides that we will have fun instead. His idea of fun? Going to the amusement park in the next City.

What about my break? Why do I need to accompany him for this trip?? At least, this time, Galaxy is invited to have fun too...

Sir Gravity appears on Cristallum Academy to fetch us. When I am approaching the car with Galaxy, I notice Saturn Enceladus approaching us. The moment our eyes meet, I immediately break into a run towards the car, startling both Galaxy and Saturn. When Sir Gravity sees me approaching in a hurry, he lowers the window to listen to what I have to say.

It seems like Sir Gravity already expects me to request something from him. It's nothing unreasonable, I assure him.

"That girl is a first-year by the name of Saturn Enceladus," I rearrange Asterism's scarf I have chosen to wear for this excursion, "She likes Galaxy,"

At once, Sir Gravity's eyes sharpen to Saturn's profile. I show a pleasant smile as I suggest, "Why don't you get to know her?"

"What does Galaxy think of her?" Sir Gravity questions me slowly, eyes not leaving Saturn, who looks slightly shaken by the attention

"Nothing," when Sir Gravity glances at me, I elaborate, "He thinks nothing of her. Doesn't accept her advances or return her feeling. No idea why though," I add, to show that I am not intimately involved on their matter

"No idea," Sir Gravity pays full attention to me, with a raised eyebrow, as he voices his doubt, "You have no idea, or he has no idea?"

"Me," I admit, grudgingly

Sir Gravity uses his head to tell me to step aside, so I do as he commands, to allow him to see his Grandson.

"Galaxy," Sir Gravity calls, addressing his attentive Grandson, "Will you allow Miss Enceladus to join us?"

Galaxy widens his eyes, taken aback by the question. Saturn looks at Galaxy hopefully, while shooting Sir Gravity and me with wide, disbelief, eyes. How expressive, this girl is.

Sir Gravity doesn't look like he cares for Saturn though.

"I-" Galaxy halts and changes gear, "Grandfather shall decide,"

Sir Gravity snorts; as if expecting it, "Come with us, Miss Enceladus. Get in, you two," the last part is to address Galaxy and me

Galaxy doesn't comment on Sir Gravity's invitation for Saturn, who accepts it semi-hesitantly. I let them sit at the back while I take the passenger seat. Sharing a look with the driver, we then set off to the amusement park.