9. Humility

Asterism Hamal is released from the hospital after two days stay.

🦋

I don't think Asterism getting sick is my fault. Having the scarf or not, he would have caught a cold after being drenched in a snowing day.

Rather, how can a mere scarf keep the cold away?

Nevertheless, I did promise to repay him. Since he is just recovered, and he likes books a lot, I ordered him a book-shaped chocolate layered cake. Normal sized.

Eating sweets after recovering from sickness should be enjoyable.

I know when Asterism receives the cake because he packs a piece for me to taste. I allow a small smile to form on my face as I accept his offering.

"It's delicious," Asterism admits to me, "I didn't know there is a good cake boutique around,"

"I did only find it after scouring almost all the stores," I remind Asterism, of the mission I did with Cosmos Altarf and Galaxy Pollux

When Cosmos catches the smell of the cake I save for lunchtime, how good is his nose to smell something locked within a container, he rallies the other two to persuade Asterism to share more of the cake.

"None left," Asterism admits, to Cosmos's dismay, Space's horror, and Galaxy's confusion, "My neighbour also smelt it and ate most of the cake,"

"Noo!" Cosmos moans in displeasure, "How could you not save some for us?!"

"I tried," Asterism says with a shrug, and leaves the matter at that

I am not offering them my share. Even if only for one bite. Nope. If they want, they can order the cake by themselves.

"What's the occasion?" Galaxy questions

Space Antares takes up the question to another notch, "The one having a birthday is me anyway!"

"You?" we all pay attention to Space, who puffs out his chest proudly

"My birthday is on November 11th!" Space reveals, giddily, "Mercury, I invite you to my birthday party!"

I faintly ask, "You have a party?" but is thankfully drowned out by Cosmos's, "It has passed,"

"The party has not," Space breathes on Cosmos's face, only to barely avoid a slap

"Where is the party?" Galaxy asks

"It's not decided yet," Space leans closer to whisper, "For security reason,"

"Why is there a need for security?" Cosmos whispers our question

Space's delight dims slightly, "My parents decide to hold my birthday party with a Christmas party together,"

"It's not really your party then?" Asterism asks softly

"After cutting the cake for their guests to see, we will have my party," Space says with conviction, as if he will make his own party for us to celebrate his birthday

"Rather," feeling somewhat sad about Space's circumstance, I say, "Let your parents have what they want. Afterwards, maybe the next day, we will have another party," I cast him a look, "Don't jeopardise your parents' party only to get punished. For your birthday celebration,"

"As the star, you can't leave the party, can you?" Asterism muses, taking on my line of thought, "If we were to have our party the same night, your parents won't be happy,"

"Maybe we can have the party before Christmas?" Galaxy suggests

"Can't," Space shakes his head, sad, "I will be busy,"