35. Familiarity

I open my eyes and look at the ceiling full of decorations. Just by looking at that, I know that I am still Rika Wulandari.

🦋

"Good morning," Mom sounds pleased when she sees me, "Early today,"

I give her a weak smile, covering my mouth to stop a yawn from slipping past, "Morning, Mom,"

"Do you have a morning meeting?" Dad sounds concerned when he sees me ready for work earlier than usual

I do not immediately refute it because I have to think about whether I have a meeting this morning or not. No one mentioned having a morning meeting around me yesterday, but what about a week ago?

With dread, I check the calendar on my smartphone.

Dear me, there is a meeting this morning.

"Seeing that you want to cry in despair, I suppose there is a meeting," Dad sounds pleased; since he manages to remind me not to be late, just because I think I am still early

Mom laughs at my pout, "This time, don't forget your lunchbox,"

Naturally. I always prefer eating Mom's homemade lunch than eating out, for the sake of saving aside. Plus, I want to work on what I put aside when attending the meeting too. Taking work easy is okay, but I like to finish the works early then take it easy. That way, I can stay cheery even after a full day of hard work!

Today's meeting is for the talk about possible cooperation between our Company with an overseas one. I don't think they need my presence in this meeting, but since they asked me to participate, I have to be there.

When I am done preparing for work, Dad is already waiting for me in the car. I give Mom a quick hug and a few words, which she returns as she slips my lunchbox to me, then jumps inside the car, whilst giving Dad a grin.

Without needing my command, Dad drives me to the Company.

There is no much talking inside the car. Before I walk away after being dropped off, I tell Dad, "Thanks! Love you, Dad!"

Knowing that I am starting to say this to my parents without reservation, Dad pauses briefly before giving me a smile, "You're welcome. Love you too,"

I enter the Company while giggling to myself, earning some looks which seem to say: That's how she is.

It can't be. What Intan said before... Is it true?

🦋

"You like to giggle to yourself when you are in a good mood?" Intan hears my doubt and laughs, "It is true! Are seriously only realising it now?!"

Before I am off to morning meeting, I drop by Intan's work desk for a chat. It is a regretful move.

"Whatever," saying so while throwing away the irritation, I remind Intan again, "Call the supplier and confirm the date of arrival. Check the quality of the goods too,"

"I know, I know," Intan's tone is light, "No need to worry too much. I know my job,"

"I know you know your job," I acknowledge generously, "However, when it comes to calling the suppliers, you tend to gossip for too long, aside from talking about work,"

"That's how we know where to get great deals, Chief~" Intan pouts at me, using her job as an excuse

"Then gossip whilst doing the inventory on the west warehouses," I naturally won't let her laze on my watch

"Chief," seriously, Intan reports, "There are 2 west warehouses. Which 1 do you mean?"

I raise an eyebrow, "What did I say? In singular or plural?"