6. Redolent

Second day's visit to the dairy farm ends without mind-shattering events.

🦋

On the third morning in Lactescent City, I wake up to an additional person in the room. Asterism Hamal is sleeping soundly while sharing a bed with Galaxy Pollux.

I take a moment to think about last night, in which I stayed up late waiting to open the door for Galaxy yet again, and conclude that I did not welcome Asterism into this room. It was Galaxy's doing then. I went to sleep as soon as I opened the door, without waiting to see who walked in, so I would have missed them.

For Galaxy to smuggle Asterism into our shared room, though. I can take a wild guess and think Asterism had forgotten his room's key last night when leaving for patrol. Yet, why didn't Asterism ask Mulgeo Hotel's staffs to open the door for him?

Covering my mouth, to cover a yawn, I push the therapeutic blanket away and slip down from the bed. Stepping lightly as to not disturb the sleeping boys, I take my belonging and go into the bathroom. Before gently closing bathroom's door, I peek at the boys. They aren't stirring at all.

While I am brushing my teeth, I hear a yell from the bedroom. Something heavy falls to the floor. I let out a hum. The boys are finally awake.

Finishing my business in the bathroom, I step out from the cubicle to see Galaxy nursing a bruise. I raise an eyebrow in question.

"I foolishly decided to wake Asterism, when I was still on the bed," Galaxy releases a long-suffering sigh, "He kicked me out of my bed,"

I know my lips form a smirk. I am not hiding it.

Galaxy seems exasperated with me, for taking joy in his misery. I walk back to my bed while Galaxy lifts himself to enter the bathroom. Just as Galaxy closes the bathroom's door, someone knocks on the room's door.

I pause in putting my belonging into my bag to wait and see. Galaxy opens the bathroom door and goes to open the room's door, to answer the call. I leave the matter of the guest to Galaxy, since he volunteered. I am surprised to see Asterism walks in though, still in a dishevelled state.

Galaxy follows Asterism in after closing the door to ask, with feelings, "Why?"

"I left my phone in there," Asterism turns to face Galaxy, "I need to borrow your phone to wake Venus Myrtle,"

"You forgot your key and your phone," Galaxy recounts, in slight disbelief, "Those two essential items,"

Asterism nods steadily, sticking a hand out, "Lend me your phone,"

Galaxy looks at the ceiling for a few seconds before dropping his head and goes to retrieve his phone for Asterism, "I thought you are someone who is responsible,"

Asterism spares a glance at me then answers Galaxy's lament, "People make mistakes,"

Galaxy voices his disbelief by snorting. Once he hands over his phone, Galaxy immediately escapes to the bathroom, leaving Asterism and me alone in the bedroom.

I don't pay attention to Asterism, or what he tells Venus through the phone. After finishing fixing my appearance, I wait for Galaxy so we can go to fetch other teammates by playing my mobile games.

"Mercury," Asterism calls

I hum without looking up from the screen. When he doesn't continue, I voice, "What is it?"

"Tell Galaxy I say thanks," Asterism says

The bathroom's door coincidentally opens, so I prompt, "Tell him to his face,"