7. Convene

Those who pick the Mulgeo Hotel stay in their respective rooms. As if.

🦋

Space Antares doesn't want to be alone. He goes to fetch Asterism Hamal and knocks on the door to my room. I allow them to come inside, on one condition. The area surrounding my bed is off limit. Since we plan to either read or play mobile games, thus not moving, the boys accept my condition easily.

Space jumps on Galaxy Pollux's bed and takes out his phone. Asterism sits on Galaxy's bed, nudges Space to roll away slightly, and slips his legs under the blanket. Opening a book and putting on his earphones, Asterism is lost to us.

"What game are you playing right now, Mercury?" Space asks me idly

I give the game's title half-heartedly. Space lits up, "I have it downloaded too!" and excitedly fishes out another phone from a different pocket, "Let's be friends! Party up! What materials do you need or want? Where are you right now? Name!"

I answer a few of his questions. Because the game is an online open-world RPG, Space's character and mine get to meet. Ignoring Space's superior gears, pet, and level, I challenge him to a duel.

I want to know whether he will let me win or not.

Space accepts my challenge and completely trashes me. Damn. When I look at him in real life, lying upside down on Galaxy's bed, I release an irritated sigh.

Space notices my attention and sends me a grin, "Sorry, Mercury. I still want 100% victory,"

I check Space's username in the Leaderboard and become impressed. All right. I lose fair and square.

"Let's hunt together?" Space suggests brightly

"I am doing Main Quest," which is a solo mission

"I will accompany you," Space replies promptly, "I have already finished the Main Quest. If you have any queries, just ask,"

While I am busy reading the storyline and finishing quests, Space casually follows me inside the game while playing on two phones, on two different but still engaging games, in real life. I am impressed by his skill of multitasking.

It's almost one hour later when Space suddenly speaks over the game's music. He is addressing Asterism, but I still look up from the screen. Space sighs, "Asterism, are you bored enough to tickle my foot?"

Asterism hasn't changed his posture at all, in fact, aside from flipping the pages of his book. He also doesn't hear Space's words.

I pull myself up to look at Space's feet, as Space also bends over to check his tickled foot.

We have showered and changed from the outdoor attire plus cat-eared team hoodies to comfortable casual indoor clothes. Because Space is wearing knee-length pants, we can clearly see what is tickling him.

It's a bug. An insect. A cockroach.

Space screams. He also kicks his leg high up, throwing the C-creature flying to the wall.

I privately mourn for myself when the C-creature flips its wings open and flies.

There is a lot more screaming coming out from this room. Other students who are attracted by the sound are shouted to not open the door. Even though those inside the room are scared witless, we still have the urge to eliminate the threat.

"Don't throw your phone!"
"Not my book!"
"Use something flat!"
"Flippers are useless!"
"It's coming!"
"Kill! Kill! Kill!"

Our reputations take a significant damage. Nevertheless, survival for the fittest!