5. Promenade

Welcome to the City known for their milky white buildings and milkshake, Lactescent!

🦋

The first order of things, dropping off our luggage at Mulgeo hotel. Next, follow the schedule prepared by teachers. The free session will be on the third day, so for the first two days, students are expected to follow the assigned guide properly as they are led around the City to familiarise themselves with Lactescent, so they won't be lost on the third day.

No matter what one thinks, this trip is prepared with an educational purpose in mind.

There is no historical building in Lactescent, but there is a museum which collects interesting objects and a dairy farm. Even so, the attraction of the City is not from there. The tasty milkshake is what actually makes Lactescent City popular!

I will get to taste the milkshakes in my four days and three nights stay here. I can't wait for the chance to come.

On the first day, we visit the museum. The journey to Lactescent City is a little tiring, so I welcome this relaxed viewing of exhibited objects within the museum.

"Hmm, I am more interested to know the secret ingredients used to make the milkshake. How can the milkshake from Lactescent City be more popular than the milkshake made in other places?" Galaxy Pollux mumbles quietly to himself

Is he aiming to be a gourmet? This Galaxy cares a lot about food.

"Secret ingredients? They use something like that?" Space Antares, being the closest to me, who is the closest to Galaxy, also hears that. Naturally or not, he is interested. Casually taking out his smartphone, Space opens an app I am not familiar with.

"Well, I will have to taste it first to be sure," Galaxy replies to Space without checking whether the other one is paying attention, "But I am expecting there to be a significant difference in their ingredients to make Lactescent's milkshake popular,"

"Of course," Space replies noncommittally, while focusing on his smartphone, "Let's hope the special ingredient used is not harmful too,"

Why do I get a feeling Space almost raises a dangerous flag?

"No matter how we hope, everything we consume is bound to contain toxicity. Processed foods are guaranteed, in fact," Galaxy shakes his head to show his disappointment with this fact

"This era we live in," Space flicks his gaze up briefly to catch Galaxy's

"This era we live in," Galaxy catches Space's gaze and nods his head

What are those two on about?

"Say, Cheshire Cat," Cosmos Altarf catches up to us, from his line with Asterism Hamal and Venus Myrtle

I do not reply or acknowledge that nickname.

"What's your plan on the third day?" Cosmos continues to ask, while peeking at what Space is doing

"It's none of your business," I decide to tell him off

"We aren't obligated to wear uniform on that day," Cosmos returns his gaze to me, "You get what I mean?"

It's about that cat-eared hoodie, isn't it? Won't I look out of place wearing that while the others are wearing sophisticated casual attires?

"Why don't we wear a matching hoodie to attest on our teamwork?" Cosmos snickers a little after he says that, "Though, I have only prepared two, for you and me,"

Where is the show of teamwork then? Anyway, I will not just agree with him, on anything.

"Speaking of that," Space looks up from his smartphone to his roommate, "Can I take a look at that hoodie?"