1.II

"Can't you two just get along?" I groaned, watching Luke and Sammi bicker about who knows what. I felt bad about what I had said to Sammi, and the two people that I was planning on going to the movie with bailed. So it was me, Luke, and Sammi in my small living area.

I lived in a semi-large apartment. I mean it was big enough for just me and my mom. I had three siblings at one point, but one of them died at an early age, another was in jail because he was selling drugs apparently, and the third was out of college and with his family. My dad had bailed on us years ago, which left me with my mom. It was nice to just be here with her, I loved her to pieces, and there was never too many people, just me and my mom.

My mom left to go to work early, and came home late on Friday's which was strangely convenient, since Friday night was the social hullabaloo in High School.

My mom liked Luke, he came over to my house practically everyday after school to help me with my homework, so she didn't mind if he was here, it was more Calum and Sammi. She never really liked Calum, and she thought that Sammi caused too much drama.

I continued watching as Luke and Sammi fought. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, my god! You guys fight like an old married couple." I whined. They both looked at me with blank expressions, letting what I said sink in. They both realized it at the same time and glared at me and then, as if they were planning it, they said:

"We're not fighting like an old married couple. We hate each other!" Simultaneously.

"Yeah, right," I laughed, "you two are gonna end up dating, its like destiny." Sammi's face turned bright red, but Luke face stayed emotionless.

"No, I really don't think that is gonna happen." Luke scoffed.

"Whatever you say," I trailed off and walked into the kitchen.

They followed me and started rummaging through the cabinet while I opened the door to the small balcony we had and grabbed a book I left on the table.

"What's that?" Luke asked, pointing to my book.

"It's a novel called The Famous Words of Edith Marcy. It's really good." I held the book out to Luke, he looked at it for a while.

"What's it about?" He grabbed the book from my hand. Sammi rolled her eyes.

"Some famous lady who apparently spoke some very wise words." I said.

"Sounds interesting." Luke replied.

"It'd be more interesting if the person wasn't famous, just wise. It's like this book is portraying that only people with money are wise." I scoffed. Sammi looked at both of us with annoyance.

"Yes, but then it would be "the famous words of" it'd be "the infamous words of" which wouldn't make me want to read it." Luke countered.

"Infamous has a better ring to it. I'd read that book." I argued.

"Would you guys stop with the nerd talk? Can we go do something?" Sammi groaned. Luke and I looked at her with disbelief.

"You're so boring, Sam." I rolled my eyes and grabbed my sweater off of a coat hook. I threw Luke his coat and unlocked the front door.

"I'm boring!? I wasn't the one that was just arguing about the word infamous!" Sammi put her hand on her chest, shocked.

"Oh my god, Sammi, shut up." Luke and I groaned simultaneously.

<>

We had decided to go to the town street, which really wasn't much. It had two candy shops, five clothing stores, one ice cream parlor, one diner, one pizza place, and a movie theater.