1.VIII

"How'd it go?" Sammi asked excitedly on Monday morning. I knew exactly what she was talking about, but I didn't want to answer.

"Good," I answered shortly, pulling my locker open.

"What do you mean by 'good'?" she asked, reaching into my locker and pulling out the books she knew I needed.

"Uh, he thinks you're too mean to him," I told her quickly.

"Oh," she pouted and furrowed her eyebrows.

"I mean I'm sure he'd like you more if you were nicer to him," I shrugged.

"You say it like it's easy," she groaned.

"Don't you like him?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I love irritating him," she pouted.

"You know what they say, 'if you love something let it go'," I laughed, grabbing the books from her hand and shutting my locker.

"Shut up," she sneered and looked around the hallway. She saw Luke coming towards my locker and she took a deep breath as she turned and ran to him.

I laughed and leaned against my locker as the two walked over to my locker together. Somebody came from the other side and wrapped their arms around my waist. I turned and saw Ashton's hazel eyes looking down at mine.

"Hey," I smiled, trying to get rid of the urge to kiss him.

"Hi, so, I actually am free tonight. Like there are no competitions coming up, and finals start next week so I'll be studying the rest of the week, so do you want to go out tonight?" he beamed at me as Luke and Sammi joined us.

"Sure, I'll be waiting outside my door at five," I laughed and he nodded. Luke looked at Sam with an irritated glare while Sammi babbled to him about something that he clearly didn't care about. I hit Luke and gave him a look of disaproval. He sighed and looked down at Sammi as if he cared about what she was saying. I mouthed a "thank you" and waved goodbye to them as I pulled on Ashton's wrist so we could get away from them.

"What's up with them?" Ashton laughed.

"Sammi has a crush on Luke," I snorted.

"Aw," he joked. I hit his arm and looked up into his eyes.

"I kind of have a crush on Luke," I whispered. I was joking, of course, but I just wanted to see Ashton's reaction.

He jutted out his bottom lip slightly and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Are you jealous, Ash?" I tilted my head to the side and looked up at him with innocent eyes.

He shook his head but set his lips into a straight line.

"I think Luke like's me too. I think I'm gonna go for it too, considering I'm not in a serious relationship right now," I hinted.

"Stop," Ashton muttered, but it came out as more of a growl, which I had to admit was kind of hot.

"What?" I blinked innocently.

"I think we need to make things official soon. As much as I like hooking up with you, I also like hanging out with you," he said. I giggled and nodded.

We started walking down the hallway. Ashton shrunk under the gazes of many of his classmates.

"I've realized something about you, Ash," I told him.

"What is that?" he raised his eyebrow.

"You're a geek in the streets and a-"

"Don't say it," Ashton whined.