1.IX

"You look lovely tonight," Ashton joked as he closed the door to his apartment. I was waiting outside of my apartment for about five minutes before he came out, but I felt that it would be awkward if I knocked on his door, so I just waited.

"Shut up," I nudged him and grabbed his hand.

"Okay, so I wasn't sure what we were going to do tonight, so it's up to you," Ashton laughed.

"Well, I don't know," I shrugged.

"I don't care what we do," he chuckled and pressed the button on the elevator.

"Do you have any ideas?" I asked.

Ashton thought for a moment until an idea clearly popped into his head. He held a finger up to me and pulled out his phone.

"Hi Michael...yeah, what time does the store close...great...as a matter of a fact yes...thank you so much, man...yeah i'll see you soon," Ashton hung up the phone and beamed at me.

"What time does the store close?" I asked.

"5:30," Ashton smiled.

"But, Ash, it is 5:30,"

"Exactly."

<>

"Yo, Mikey," Ashton gave Michael a high five and led me into the store.

"I'll be in the back, the player is over there," Michael pointed to the counter, Ashton smiled and nodded.

"We have the whole store to ourselves," Ashton smiled.

"Nice," I nodded, walking over to an aisle that had The Cab's albums.

"I didn't know you listened to them," he laughed.

"I listen to a lot of stuff," I joked.

"That's cool, you don't really find girls like you that have music taste that ranges from The Cab to Bowling For Soup," he smirked.

"Yeah I guess," I shrugged it off and pulled out Symphony Soldier.

"What's your favorite song in there?" Ashton asked pointing to the CD.

"Vegas Skies," I nodded smiling at the CD.

"I like Endlessly," Ashton looked at the CD as if it were a gun.

"I didn't think you were a softie," I joked, his face faltered.

"Everybody has a heart, some people just prefer to keep it hidden," he shrugged.

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Well, like, think of it like this: A heart is made of paper, you can play with it, you can mark it, you can make of it, what you want. But, you can also rip it and tear it, and you can always try to tape it back together, but even then, if you look close enough, you can see that it's been damaged. Nobody wants to show off their damaged piece of paper," Ashton looked down at his hands.

"Ashton?" I said.

"Mhm?"

"You've had your heart broken before, haven't you?"

[basically this is really short

but not only is it short but it is also the end of part one lol.

i got an iphone woop woop.

i will be posting a little thing in a moment too, and then this story will be on hold for a while :( sorry guys

goodbye xoxo mary elizabeth ]