2.V

"I broke up with you because you're a dickhead," I sighed as Calum sat down on my bed.

"No I'm not," he crossed his arms over his chest and pouted.

"Yes you are," I argued.

"Did you just invite me over here to criticize me?" Calum remarked.

"No, there are...good things about you too," I gave him an odd look.

"Name one," he raised his eyebrow as I looked up and down his body.

"Well you uh...you're good-"

"-In bed? I know," Calum joked, I slapped him.

"That's not what I was gonna say," I glared at him as a blush crept onto my cheeks.

"You know it's true though," Calum laughed, a smirk toying at his lips.

"Well, yeah I guess. But I was gonna say that you're good at soccer," I said quickly.

"Thank you," he smirked.

"See, I just complimented you. I didn't invite you over just to criticize you," I laughed. We both froze in our places when we heard the door of my apartment open.

"When is your mom supposed to be home?" Calum asked.

"Eleven," I trailed off and walked towards the door of my bedroom, "stay," I told Calum and opened my bedroom door. He nodded and I walked down the hallway to see Ashton standing in the doorway.

"I knocked a couple times, but you didn't answer and the door was unlocked-"

"Why are you here?" I raised my eyebrow.

"To visit you?" he gave me a weird look.

"Aren't you sick?" I questioned.

"Yeah, don't worry, I won't breathe on you," he joked.

"Oh okay," I trailed off.

"Is, you're acting a bit weird, are you okay?" Ashton quirked an eyebrow. I nodded and led him into the living area. "Am I interrupting something?"

"Actually yes," Calum said, walking into the living area.

"You see, this is what I'm talking about when I say you're a dickhead," I glared at him.

"Is?" Ashton looked at me, utterly confused.

"Calum and I were hanging out," I told him, grabbing Calum's wrist and pulling him to the door.

"Bye Is, we should do this again sometime," he smirked, leaning against the doorframe. I scoffed and pushed him into the hallway, slamming the door in his face.

"What were you doing with him?" Ashton said through gritted teeth. I forgot that Ashton and Calum aren't too fond of each other, and it would be likely for my current boyfriend to get jealous of my ex-boyfriend.

"We were just hanging out," I sighed.

"It didn't seem like that to me. Why were you hiding it from me at first?" Ashton questioned, a hurt look sprawled across his face.

"Because you'd be angry. Cal and I are still kind of friends, I was bored, I thought he'd be nice company for a night," I shrugged.

"Did you do anything with him?" Ashton raised his eyebrow.

"No! Of course not, do you think I'm really like that?" I scowled. Ashton ran a hand through his hair and pulled me onto the couch.

"No, I don't think you're like that, it's more like your type is like that," Ashton muttered, combing my hair with his own fingers.

"What do you mean 'my type'?" I tried to scoot off his lap, but he held me tighter.

"When I was a freshman, I dated this girl," Ashton sighed.

"What does this have to do with it?" I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm trying to tell you about my broken heart, shut up."Ashton scoffed. I laughed and nodded.

"Go on," I told him.

"She was a lot higher on the social hierarchy than me, kinda like you. She kinda toyed around with me for a little bit, but then I realized she was also toying around with a couple other guys. I confronted her about this, but she promised me that I was the only one..."

"And you weren't," I finished the sentence for him.

"I was really interested in her, ya know? I told her a lot, a lot of stuff I shouldn't have, and just like that she was gone," he sighed.

"I won't do that to you, Ash," I rolled my eyes.

Ashton bit his lip and smiled at me.

"I might be a shitty person, but I'm not that shitty," I raised my eyebrow. He wrapped his arms around me tighter and kissed my cheek, his scruff tickling me.

"You know, I was so infatuated with her, but I've found something. We get so infatuated with the idea of things, but not the actual thing. But, I can tell you this Isabelle, I am completely and utterly infatuated with you," he smiled and ruffled my hair.

"The feeling is mutual," I laughed.

"Good. Now, I should probably go before I get you really sick," he laughed.

"I wouldn't be surprised if I wake up sick tomorrow," I laughed.

"Sorry, goodbye, Is, I'll see ya," he laughed and walked out of the apartment.

I sighed and smiled to myself. I was in too deep.

[i'm sorry that this is so bad lol i suck.

so i've got some things to talk about.

first, i'm gonna try to udate everyday over break so i can finish this story. i only have seven more chapters to write honestly, but don't count on it. i really like this book but i don't have time for it, and it'd make my life a lot easier if i could update everyday over break and finish it.

so either expect that, or expect very slow updates. i'm sorry for almost discontinuing this book and spoiing the end but you guys wanted me to continue so...

also, check out the sneak peek i posted of my new short story "strawberry gum"

yeah...

okay ily guys, i hope you have a merry christmas :))))))

xoxoxox mary elizabeth]