1.VI

"Isabelle! Your friend is here," my mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Okay!" I called back, yanking my phone from the charger and sliding it into my school bag.  I threw my bag over my shoulder and ran down the short hallway.

"Hi," Ashton smiled at me. I waved at him and turned to my mom.

"I'll see you after school," I told her, she nodded and waved goodbye to me.

"How are you?" Ashton asked, pulling out the keys to his car and pressing the button on the elevator.

"I'm alright, how about you?" I replied.

"Okay, I guess," Ashton nodded. We stepped out of the elevator and walked out of the building to the parking lot. Ashton unlocked the passenger door and opened it for me. I stepped in, thanking him quietly as he walked around to the driver's side.

"Why only okay?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why only alright?" he countered. I shut up after that and waited to get to school.

The drive was painfully quiet. Ashton didn't even turn on the radio, so the only "music" I could listen to was the drumming of Ashton's fingers against the steering wheel.

Ashton pulled into the parking lot and parked his car close to the building. I pushed open my door and waited in front of the car for Ashton. He jogged over to me and grabbed my hand cautiously. I looked down at our hands and smiled.

"Do you have to go to your locker?" I asked Ashton, pulling my phone out of my bag.

"No," he shook his head. I nodded and walked with him to my locker. Luke and Sammi were waiting there, but they weren't alone. Luke was glaring at a very angry looking Calum. I dropped Ashton's hand quickly and ran up to Calum.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed.

"I wanted to talk to you," Calum threw an arm around my shoulder, a lazy smirk playing on his lips.

"Well, I don't really want to talk to you," I said sarcastically.

"You don't?" he pulled me closer to him and smiled down at me.

"No," I shook my head.

"You wouldn't just ditch me after everything we've been through," Calum's jaw tensed and I looked up at him in disbelief.

"I can't believe you have the nerve to bring that up," I slapped his chest and shrugged his arm off of me.

"C'mon, give me another chance," he smirked.

"No. I don't care, Cal. I don't care what we've been through together, you've changed, and I honestly don't want to be with this Calum, I want the old Calum back," I motioned to him.

"I haven't changed that much," he laughed.

"You've changed a lot, actually. Luke could you please get rid of this," I pointed to Calum and started to put the combination in my locker. Luke let out a groan and said something incoherent, but obliged. Moments later, Luke was dragging Calum away from my locker, both of them glaring back at me, just for different reasons.

Ashton walked up to my locker, because he had been keeping his distance when Calum was near.

"You act like you're afraid of him," I joked, nudging Ashton.

"Well, he kind of had me pinned against a locker the other day," Ashton laughed nervously, I shook my head and pulled my locker open.

"I'm gonna go catch up with Luke, I'll see you at lunch," Sammi waved goodbye and scurried after Luke, who seemed to be yelling at a very intimidated Calum.  I looked after her with my eyebrows furrowed.