2.XII

"Goodbye, Is," Ashton mumbled into my shoulder and placed his lips on mine. We kissed roughly and passionately. It was tear soaked and it tasted of alcohol, but it was the last thing we had.

"I'm gonna miss that," I said quietly.

"Find a nice boy, Is," he let a tear fall.

"I already found one," I bit my lip, "the perfect one."

"God dammit, I love you, and that's why I'm doing this," he ran a hand through his hair. He was about to die, or maybe worse, if anything could get worse than dying. He was trying to convince himself that it was right. It wasn't, it wasn't right at all.

"Ash, I'll uh, I'll see you later, okay?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll see you later," he gulped and smiled at me one last time. He licked his lips and turned the corner.

"Hey!" I heard the men shout.

"We need money for those pills kid," one of them shouted angrily.

"I don't have the money, or the drugs," Ashton said calmly. Calm even in his last few seconds of life.

I heard a gun being loaded, I leaned against the wall.

"Hey, guys you don't need to-" a gun shot. Blood splattered next to me. I pulled out my journal and started scribbling, trying to keep calm, but how could I?

The Ashton that had a future ahead of him, the Ashton that thought Luke and I were dating, the Ashton that beat up Calum. He was gone.

My mind was blocked, it was like my whole world was gone. A peice of me was just shattered into fragments of pieces that couldn't be put back together with any amount of glue. He had a family, he had a heart and a living breathing body. He was gone. I felt like I was going to throw up. He was still there next to me. He had to be. His lips were on mine only minutes ago. He was holding me, telling me it would be okay, he wanted to have sex with me hours ago. It was all gone. All of those words he said were floating around in the air. Everything we ever kept between us, it was all gone and torn apart. My body was shaking, there were footsteps coming closer to me.

"It's okay, babe, it's okay," I recited Ashton's words in a broken cry over and over again. It wasn't okay. I would never be okay.

I looked up at the two men in front of me.

"I thought it was candy, I swear, I didn't mean to steal anything," I pleaded, "you killed him. You killed him. I loved him," I cried.

The two men stared at me shaking. I looked back down at my journal. The story of Ashton and I. The sad ending. The Famous Words of Edith Marcy has the same ending as The Infamous Words of a Teenage Heartthrob. A gun clicked.

She died. She died. She died.

He died. And now she's going to die to.

A gun shot. A journal dropped.

[A story ended.

xoxoxo mary elizabeth]