2.X

"This is not what I expected," I pouted, grabbing Ashton's hand, making sure I didn't lose him.

New York City is not at all what I expected.Taylor Swift made it sound like a fun upbeat place. It wasn't.

It was crowded and full of rude and obnoxious people. Everybody was trying to get somewhere quickly, mother's couldn't control their children, and every other person on the street was asking for money.

"Trust me, Isabelle, once we get into a nicer part of the city you'll like it," he told me and pulled me past a mother yelling at her little boy. There was a homeless man ahead, poking at girls. I scowled and started walking closer to Ashton.

"New York City scares me," I mumbled as he led me down an escalator into a train station.

"You'll get used to it, Issy," he patted my head and bought two tickets.

"When is the train going to be here?" I asked, leaning into Ashton.

"Ten minutes," he sighed, leading me to a bench. Due to how crowded the train station was, there was only one seat. Ashton sat down and pulled me onto his lap.

"I'm tired," I stared in front of me at the train tracks.

"Me too, Is. We can take a nap when we get to the apartment," Ashton mumbled into my ear. I sighed and leaned into his chest, pulling out my phone. It was 1:30am but it would have been 10:30pm back home.

"I miss Cali already," I sighed.

"You'll like it here, Is," he told me and looked at the board on a wall. It had trains listed and their current arriving time.

"How long until our train now?" I asked, getting ancy.

"Shit, it's like an hour late, Is," Ashton pouted.

"Why?" I whined.

"There's unexpected construction on one of the tracks," he told me.

"How much do cabs cost?" I asked him.

"I don't wanna think about how much we'll have to pay a cab to get to the apartment," Ashton rubbed his temples, but pushed me off of his lap and led me to the exit of the station.

"The things I do for you, Is," he laughed and hailed a cab - which took five minutes - and told the driver the adress.

I got into the backseat with Ashton and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I don't think I'm a big city type of girl," I sighed and nuzzled my head into his neck.

"It's okay, we can just spend all Summer in the apartment," he laughed and pet hair.

Forty minutes and a shitload of money later we were walking up the steps to the second floor and down the hall to a small apartment.

"Welcome home," Ashton sighed, placing his bag next to the door and taking mine.

"Yay," I said unenthusiastically.

"Is, you've been complaining all night," Ashton looked at me sadly.

"I don't know, I just think that this was kind of a mistake," I shrugged, walking around the apartment.

"Nothing is a mistake. Everything happened because somebody wanted it to. It might be a mistake to you, but it's not a mistake to me," Ashton stressed.

"I don't know Ash, I just wish I were home right now with a book, or netflix, or out in town, where it didn't smell like smoke," I looked out the window.

"Isabelle, what's bugging you. We get to spend a whole summer alone, in New York City," he sighed.

"Nothing, I'm just gonna go to bed," I pulled my hair up and walked to the bedroom.

"Isabelle, what's wrong?" he yelled.

"Nothing Ash, god dammit!" I yelled back.

"Is, if you didn't want to come you could've just stayed home," he stressed.

"I know. I didn't want to come Ashton. It sounded nice, it really did, but I don't like cities or large amounts of people. I don't like adventure, I like you and that's why I came here. To make you happy," I rolled my eyes.

"I can't believe you, Is, I would've been happy staying in California with you!" he said, his voice raising slightly.

"No you wouldn't, I know you wouldn't. We're not the same Ashton. I wanna stay home and watch TV, and you wanna throw your heart into everything you do. During the school year you worked your ass off, and you just wanted a nice vacation. A nice 'adventurous' vacation-"

"Oh, shut up, Is! Why didn't you just tell me you wanted to stay home!"

"For you Ashton, I came here for you!" I yelled.

"Well I wish you hadn't!" he yelled. His eyes widened and I shook my head at him. A few tears streaming down my face. He walked past me into the room, closing the door behind himself.

"You know I love you, don't act like this, you dickhead!" I shouted through the door. He opened it up and walked past me swiftly.

"I'll take the couch," he mumbled.

"Ashton!" I shouted after him.

"Goodnight, Is, I love you," he shouted back, but didn't walk back to the room. I walked into the main room and squeezed onto the couch next to him. He wrapped his arm around my body and pulled me close.

"I'm sorry, Ash," I mumbled.

"I'm sorry, baby," Ashton mumbled into my ear. I pecked his nose and closed my eyes.

"I love you," I muttered before I fell asleep.

[ew

i dont like this chapter but whatever

two chapters left lol.

isabelle is being grouchy so ash was grouchy.

btw this is what nyc is actually like do not let taylor swift fool you. i hate cities bc they smell like smoke and there are old men that poke at you and 50% of he time trains are delayed and cabs are expensive and everybody is obnoxious and ugh i'm in a love/hate relationship with new york city.

okay i have another joke

why did he mouse go to the party?
he heard they were playing parcheesi.

hahah

okay gn guys

ily

xoxoxo mary elizabeth]