2.IV

"What do you mean you're not going to school today?" I pouted on the other sode of the phone.

"Is, I've got a 100 degree fever, I can't show up to school," Ashton laughed on the other side of the phone.

"But you're gonna leave me alone with the lovebirds," I sighed, walking out of my apartment.

"Hey, chill, I'll be back by Thursday," Ashton chuckled and I let out a long groan.

"That's like two days," I rolled my eyes, stepping into the elevator.

"Sorry, Issy. I'm gonna go back to sleep, have fun at school," he said and hung up the phone. I met my mom in the lobby of our apartment building and followed her to our car. Today would be a long day without Ashton.

<>

"Gross," I muttered, take a bite of pizza. Sammi and Luke weren't acting much different than they did before I found out, but there was a slight difference.

They were currently making the lovey-dovey eyes at each other which was very frustrating because I had nobody to make those eyes at.

"Hey Sammi are you free tonight?" I asked. She wasn't paying attention though.

"Sammi!" I yelled, hoping it would get her attention, but it didn't.

"For fucks sake," I muttered, standing up and walking over to Luke. I sat down on his lap and looked Sammi in the eyes.

"Is, why are you on top of-"

"Shut up Luke," I interrupted and raised my eyebrows at Sammi.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"Are you free tonight?" I said slowly.

"No, Luke is helping me study for my finals," Sammi giggled and tried to look at Luke. I rolled my eyes and pouted, "why can't you hang out with Ash?"

"Because he's sick," I scowled at her.

"It's only a cold," she shrugged.

"He has a 100 degree fever," I looked at her in disbelief.

"Potayto, potahto," she dismissed me as Luke lifted me off of his lap.

"Unbelievable," I huffed, "are you guys even dating?"

"Not officially," Luke mumbled.

"Well, get to it," I told him and got up from the table. I walked over to an all-too-familiar lunch table and sat down next to an all-too-familiar person.

"Uh, Is-"

"Don't ask Cal," I muttered, running a hand through my hair.

"Okay," he trailed off.

"You're a douche, but you used to be a sweetheart, so I'm hoping to find some of that sweetheart left in you," I told him.

"Is, what's going on?" Calum asked, looking me straight in the eyes.

"Sammi and Luke are being gross and Ashton is sick," I pouted.

"What do I have to do with this?" Calum furrowed his eyebrows, genuinely confused as to why I was talking to him.

"I don't know Cal, we're still kind of close aren't we? We went through too much together to just act like we hate each other-"

"It's more of you acting like you hate me," Calum pointed out.

"Whatever, just keep me company please," I pleaded. He looked at me weirdly, but then sighed and pulled out his phone.

"I'm free tonight," he said, as if he knew what I was going to ask.

"Do you wanna come over?" I looked at him with hopeful eyes and watched as he nodded.

"I'll leave you alone when your boy toy is done being sick," Calum shrugged and turned back to his friends who had been ignoring the conversation we were having.

[IDK WHAT THIS WAS IM SO SORry ITS SL CRAPPY LOLING AT LIFE rn

OKAY IM SORRY FOR HOW LONG THIS TOOK JUST MAKE SURE YOU READ MY PREVIOUS NOTES SO YOU KNOW WHATS GOING ON OKAY GOODBYE

xoxoxo mary elizabeth]