~16~Change of Minds~

Manik came to the ward to see that all the others had left the hospital and only Cabir was there. "Cabir, where are the others?" asked Manik.

"All have gone home, uncle told that all should take rest and they will come here tomorrow morning to see Nandini" Cabir said and Manik just nodded and sat next to him.

Manik wanted to go inside the ward and see Nandini and be next to her till shr wakes up, but he wasn't able to up a brave façade and see her in that hospital bed.

"Go Manik, go inside and be with Nandini, I will stay outside" said Cabir and Manik was shocked.

"It's alright Cabir, I will be with you or the both of us will be inside" he said thinking that Cabir would buy his idea, but Cabir is Cabir.

"Manik, do you think I am a fool. Stop being so melodramatic and get in otherwise I won't let you go in ever" said Cabir in a stern voice.

Manik was totally shocked. He thought that he was really blessed to get friends like Abhi, Cabir and Dhruv.

Abhi would always come up with a solution to Manik's problems, Cabir was the one who could change Manik's mood in all direction, Dhruv was the one who understood him without even him saying it out loud.

So without protesting more Manik made his way to the ward. When hr closed the door and looked at Nandini all he wanted to do was run to her nd take her in his embrace.

But he restrained himself from doing that thinking if he would move forward in a hurry then maybe she would disappear.

He was watching her without moving hid gaze away from her. Her face looked pale all the wires running around her from her hands to the machine. She was having her eyes closed which he wanted to be opened all time looking at him with love.

He went to her and sat on the bed side and looked at her hand which had been covered with bandage after treating the burns and the glucose iv fixed to them. He took her hand and kept it in his lap and started to rub it thinking that the burns were giving her pain and rubbing it will sooth the pain.

"Hey Nandini.........my sleeping beauty" he said thinking that she will hear him. "Get up now sleepy head, always you would wake up early and will look at me right, now see I am looking at you" he said looking at her from her hands which held his gaze till now.

"Uth jao Nandini, you need to complete your fight with me" he said a small smile playing on the side. "Agar tum nahi uthogi to main tumse bat nahi karunga" he said and looked at her.

"Tumhare bagair ye Manik kaise jeeyega Nandini, tum to meri jaan ho naa" he said a tear slipping from his chocolate brown eyes.

"Now your totally alright, and very soon you will open your eyes Nandini" he said wiping away the tear trails from his face.

With that he sat on the stool next to her bed still holding her small hands in his. What Manik didn't know was two pairs of eyes were looking at him.

Cabir who saw all this knew that his friends loves his sister si much and would do anything in his hands to keep his little sister happy.

Arjun who had looked at the scene in his disguise as the hospital ward boy, immediately went inside a dark room and called his boss again.

"Boss, Manik Malhotra was crying boss, seeing his wife in that state" he said and the listener on the other side wad stunned.

"Manik, was crying you mean he had tears in his eyes. This is totally unbelievable, he surely does have a weakness now" said the boss with a smirk on his lips.