~21~Honeymoon~

New year is said to bring good changes in our lives and same was the case with Manik and Nandini.

Nandini was the first one to wake up and smiled seeing Manik sleeping like a baby in front of her. Even though there was a wall of pillows between them, she could clearly see his face.

She smiled thinking about how caring Manik was with her last night. After the dance and dinner they came to their room, but Manik never left her side any time.

Nandini got up from bed and moved towards the washroom to do her work.

Manik opened his eyes on feeling the hard rays of the sun. He then moved his eyes around the room only to stop at the washroom on hearing the sounds of running water.

He then laid on his back on the bed with his left arm under his head and right hand on his stomach with a serene smile on his face.

He knew very well that Nandini and his relationship had taken a whole new step forward yesterday bit he didn't where that step was.

Was it at the friendship zone or was above it. Whatever it was he had to know it before making the next move towards her heart.

Manik immediately closed his eyes shut on hearing the twisting sound of the door knob.

Nandini came out if the washroom in a cream saree drying her wet hair with towel. She smiled at Manik's sleeping form and made her way to the dressing table.

Manik slowly peeked open one of his eyes and saw his wife blow drying her wet hair. He was all the while looking at her getting ready.

Nandini was about to fill her hairline with the sindoor. She took a pinch of it and raised her hand above her head only to be stopped by another hand in the mid way.

Manik had held her hand from behind and looked at her eyes through the mirror. "I would like to do what is rightfully mine Nandini, will you give me the opportunity to fill your mang with sindoor daily" he asked her firmly.

Nandini looked into his eyes to find only firmness for what he said and also seeking her permission. She just blinked her eyes not finding enough courage to speak out.

Manik brought her hand down and took the sindoor box from the table and filled her hairline by taking a pinch of sindoor in his hand.

They both were very close like Nandini being on the level of his shoulder and Manik directly above her. They both were looking into each other's eyes.

"I will go and get ready for office" said Manik and made his way towards the washroom. Nandini smiled and made her way towards the cupboard to pick his dress up.

After sometime Nandini was searching for something when she heard a knock on their bed room door. She opened the door to find her mother I, Nyonika standing at the door.

"Nandini beta, I an sorry to disturb you, but I came here to give you this" she said and handed over a box to Nandini as soon as Nandini allowed her to come inside the room.

"Mom, what's this" asked Nandini who had opened the box to find a diamond necklace inside it.

"It's your gift for New year beta, from Raj and me" she said with a smile and looked at the room around her.

"Mom iski koi zaroori nahi thi. Aap dono ne mujhe already kai zyadha gifts diya hain" she said as she closed the box.

Nyonika was in a trance looking at something in the room. She didn't hear properly on what Nandini was saying to her.

"Nandini where is my file" came Manik's voice who was buttoning his shirt. "Mom aap koi kam tha kya" asked Manik on seeing his mother in his room.