I

10 years ago

Keylin's PoV

I rubbed a hand over my snotty nose from where I had been crying at the bottom of the staircase. I bring my hands down to bunch my shirt up as I hiccup and try to keep my tears in in order to keep quiet. I knew that if people heard me cry they wouldn't do anything only send me dirty looks. I wanted someone to comfort me and my pained tummy from where Tobias and his goons had kicked and stepped on me intentionally.

Comfort was what I needed right now, especially from my grandfather but I knew I couldn't get it. He was talking to someone special in the dining room and I was waiting for him to finish so that I could tell him.

This was one of the days Corrin had to stay at home to take care of his little sisters. Due to his mother being ill or on top of her head with chores to do around the small house.

Needless to say it was one of those days where I needed him the most.

I let my head drop down but it was quickly looking up when I heard a door click and the distant voices of my grandfather along with others quickly approaching.

I quickly scrambled to my feet just as a few men walk out. I couldn't help but watch them silently with wide eyes as they left the dining room. Hair orange and eyes as blue as ice. They looked strange and I wondered why they were here at the High Peaks in the first place.

One man with white hair stood back to shake hands with my grandfather and I watched curiously as they did. I leaned sideways just slightly to get a better view but instead, caught the eye of my grandfather. He turned to me with a raised brow, a small smirk on his lips while I could feel myself turning beet red with embarrassment.

"Keylin?" He questioned making the man he was shaking hands with turn curiously before his blue eyes landed on me.

"What are you doing over there?"

"N-nothing grandfather." I stuttered out. Suddenly feeling embarrassed now that I had been crying as the rest of the strange people looked back at me curiously. I noticed there was girls too. I stood broad with my chest puffed out and wiped at my eyes showing my grandfather a smile.

Grandfather smiled a small loving smile my way before he cleared his throat and turned to the man with the pale blue eyes.

"Kova, I hope that what we discussed today has been to your expectations."

"Oh definitely. You have been cooperative and a friend to me throughout our trade meetings." Kova states with a grin and taking my grandfather's hand in a shake.

"I shall be on my way."

"I'll have someone see you out." My grandfather states with a nod and Kova grins at that as he follows my grandfather willingly. He passes me and I watch as he does, looking down at me at the last second. I swore I saw his lip curl up in disgust. Eyes harsh and I can't help but curl in on myself in fear but the look quickly vanishes, as does he and his other strange beings.

Present day

Keylin's PoV

I felt myself coming to as I furrowed my brows, my senses coming back to me slowly as I tried to find my bearings. From what I could tell, I was on a cold concrete floor.

My eyelids fluttered as I scrunched up my face and tried to move my body into a standing position. I groaned however when something stopped my motions, causing me to jolt back to the ground and my ears tingling at the shrill chime noise from below me. I looked down as I lifted my hands up slowly, frowning when I realised that I was in fact cuffed.