XXVIII

The next morning I sat at the table with toast, eggs and a variety of fruit for breakfast as Bow, Anya and Tara sat in front of me. All quiet and eating soundly if not for Bow's narrowing gaze on me. He was chewing slowly for a few moments now, his gaze not shifting from me.

"I'm telling you guys, somethings different about him." He eventually throws down his toast, eyes flicking to Tara and Anya who both roll their eyes at him. I let out a chuckle as I smile down at my tray of food before looking up at my brother, a genuine smile spreading over my face.

"What's different Bow?" Tara questions making bow pinch his lips together in thought as he looks at me before groaning.

"I don't know ok? Something is weird and I can't figure out what it is. I just get this feeling."

"A feeling huh?" Anya raises a brow at Bow before turning to me.

"Do you sense this feeling this idiot won't stop going on about?"

"Nope." I smile as I pop a grape into my mouth and Bow sighs.

"I'm not crazy." Bow runs a hand through his hair before frowning at me and raising his finger to point at me as he hysterically spoke.

"Look at him! He's practically-"

"Hey."

I turn around and smile a toothy smile up at Malakei holding a tray of food in his hands. When he catches my eye he smiles but catches himself and I watch him scan my face, the smile slowly slipping off of his face but before I can say anything, he sits down beside me. Placing his tray in front of him as he begins to eat silently.

"Malakei!" Bow says in acknowledgment and Malakei looks up at him.

"You see it too don't you? There's something off about him?" Bow questions him hopefully as Tara chuckles and shakes her head at Bow.

"Yeah." Malakei breaths out with a smile that I could see looked slightly forced as he glances at me before looking down at his food.

"It's almost like he's glowing." He mutters out and Bow slams his hand down on the table with a 'right?!'.

I bite my lip and look up at the three, Tara had her head in her hands while Anya looked at Bow with a look of shock of how he didn't realise it sooner that I had sex last night with Raen. He still couldn't pinpoint that fact and continued to look at me as if searching for the answer to be written on my face.

"I'm telling you guys. I told you I wasn't crazy, something is definitely different about him-"

"Okay then Mr. Investigator." Anya chuckles under her breath as she pats Bow on the arm.

"Toilet time, help me up."

Bow is immediately standing, holding a hand out for Anya as he uses his other hand to push back her chair. Anya uses her free arm not holding onto Bow's to push up from the table, coming out from around it as she hobbles like a duck to the bathroom for her third time since breakfast. Bow followed behind her obediently and I couldn't help the smile spreading onto my lips at the sight.

"Hey player." Tara says with a smile in her voice and I turn around just in time to see Raen giving her a confused look as he sits down beside me.

"Since when do you call me player?" Raen questions in confusion as he brings an arm around my shoulders, his hand then placing on the side of my head as he tilts me closer to him so that he kisses the side of my head in greeting. I blush deeply.

Tara smirks.

"Since my brother scored last night."

My cheeks flame up as I grab another grape and pop it in my mouth quickly before reaching for another. Raen chuckles at Tara's statement and runs his fingers through my hair before moving his hands over my shoulders and settling around my waist below the table.