XXVI

Warning: Sexual content

Raen didn't take the suggestion too lightly. In fact, he didn't know whether to laugh or not. Not knowing if I was being serious when in reality I didn't mind.

I couldn't help but laugh myself at his wounded ego and found enjoyment annoying him about it throughout the night before travelling back down the steps to the mini infirmary, going back to my hospital bed as Raen helps me onto it before nestling into the chair beside me.

"There's enough room for the two of us you know." I remind him with a raised brow before inching away to make room for him.

He chuckles at this and contemplated it for a moment before getting up from the chair and making the bed dip down due to his weight as he crawls onto the mattress beside me. Once he's settled with his head on the pillow facing me, his hand coming over to rest on my side. He smiles at me, eyes amused.

"'There's enough room for the two of us' he said." Raen mimics as he moves closer to me so that he wasn't falling off of the bed. I chuckle and my nose bumps his chest.

"Is it such a bad thing that I wanted to sleep beside you?" I question as I shift carefully around to the edge of the bed so Raen had more space but he does the opposite and shifts closer to me so that his chest is against my back and his hand curls around my hip to trail up my chest, pulling me back flush against him. I hear him sigh into my neck making my ears twitch and a ticklish giggle escape my mouth.

"Not a bad thing." He hums and I feel him smile into the side of my neck. "I think I just found another one of your weak spots." He kisses the part of my neck that meets my hair line and I stiffen, feeling the blood rush to my ears.

"I wish I could find yours." I mutter as I place my hand over his on my chest, sinking my fingers between the gaps in his while he moves his hand down to place over my stomach.

"You are my weak spot."

He mumbles as if it were obvious beside my ear before blowing air at my ear tips. I jolt in both surprise and immense twitching while Raen chuckles before kissing my cheek and squeezing me in a hug from behind.

The indescribable feeling I just felt right now...was this love? Was this what it felt like? All of my life I was told that no one would ever love me for my looks, I would die alone and no one could ever love me as much as I would love them. Raen...was the exception.

He was a Dry Lander and he would never be the same as me because of how different our cultures and lives were. He was ruthless, killing and inflicting pain in his nature and of course domineering. There was a reason why others were afraid of him. Yet somehow faith brought us together.

Being with him right here and now in this moment is everything to me. Even if it only lasted a few minutes. It was everything.

I blush and hide my face at how cringey it sounded before biting my lip and lifting my head to the side to look at Raen. When he notices this he immediately lifts his head up so that he is looking down at me now. A small curious look in his eye when he sees my eyes were slightly glassy.

"I really hope you know this because I wasn't sure if you did or still do but I just want to remind you that I'm still completely yours. I always was and always will be." I whisper up at him and his face loses its playful grin as he becomes serious, he swallows and his eyes grow undone at my words, showing me his emotions and how my words made him feel. A side of Raen I never thought I'd see because he was never one to show emotions and always hid himself so well from everyone, but here we are. He was mine and I was his.