XXIII

Keylin's PoV

I take in a painful breath as my body shoots up into a sitting position. Head spinning as I try to focus on my surroundings. My breathing beginning to hitch as I look around the empty foreign room before me.

I wince when my hearing slowly begins to come back and a rather persistent beeping begins to occur from my right causing my ears to flatten. I turn lazily to the side and blink at the spinning heart monitor before me with lines and high numbers.

Looking down at my body, I notice I'm in a bed with blankets over me. I go to lift my arm but cry out when a sudden shooting pain rips through it, feeling heavy as I grit my teeth and bring my other hand over my pained arm. Feeling a hard material coating it.

I look down and see a green cast covering most of my palm and forearm along with a bandage over my other palm. My breathing is heightening along with the beeping sharp in my ears and I groan, moving my body out of the bed but get tangled up in the heaps of sheets and wires coming out of my arms and nose, I fall forward onto the ground. The heart monitor blaring in my pounding head as I groan and try to get to my knees, reaching up with my bandaged hand and ripping the wires from my face before moving to my arm. Jerking them off in a single pull and I scream in pain.

Footsteps are suddenly ringing in my ear and I move my head to the side, black spots dancing in my vision suddenly and I pant letting my forehead rest against the cool ground.

"-awake...get him back in bed...IV's.."

My hearing was in and out and I flinch away when foreign hands began to grab for me however they managed to get me up and back into the bed.

"N-No...agh." I flinch to the side when they began to put the wires back into my arm and the beeping sound blared even more. I just wanted it to stop. I wanted everything to stop.

I didn't register my scream until it was hitting my ear and I kicked my leg out at one of the white covered men who flew back onto the ground with a loud crash, bringing down what sounded like a tray of medical equipment with him and I flinched to my side.

"L-let..stop.." I pant out as hands were pushing me down so that I was lying on my back as they continued to put the wires into my arm. My breathing was erratic now along with the beeping.

"Keylin? I am Doctor Mitch, it's great to see you are awake but you need to stop thrashing so that we can-"

"W-Where..am I?" I grit out before whimpering at the throbbing pain in my head.

"You're in a special medical unit being treated for your injuries. You have been in a coma for four days now and underwent a blood transfusion...friends and family..."

My vision went black for a moment before my hearing began to ring and I scream internally. Bringing a hand up to close around my ears before sobbing.

I screamed in fear as I felt a hand on my forehead before fingers are pulling back my lids and a light is being shined in my eyes making me flinch away.

"Head trauma...concussion.."

I reach down to pull the blood filled IV's from my arm but more hands stop me. This time I register a large caramel skinned arm coming out to stop me and I heavily lift my head up to blink at him.