IV

Pic~Throne Room only with three chairs at the top of the steps.

~*~

Malakei and I were escorted through the long hallway. It felt as though we were walking for hours before we finally made it to where we needed to be.

At first when the guards arrived to take us to this meeting, they didn't really know how to act around us. One of them hesitated before grabbing Malakei but when the other turned to me, it's as if he didn't know whether to treat me as a prisoner or someone high up. In the end, he took my arm but wasn't as rough as the other soldier dragging Malakei.

The two guards pushed open large white and gold doors in front and I had a moment to look inside at the interior. It was spacious. The floor was marble with some sort of design that created the illusion of detailed clouds. Almost like we were walking on the Sky.

The man pulled me forward by my shoulder, taking me off guard and I stumble forward into the room, Malakei and the other guard not too far behind.

I furrowed my brows to look up and glare at the guard who grabbed my shoulder but catch the eye of many people to the side behind him. My eyes widen as the people look on at us in slight fear. Some turning to the person beside them and saying something in a low whisper.

When the guard stopped I did too, looking in front of me only to clench my jaw anxiously when my eyes land on the three Gods sitting on high thrones looking down at us. I gulp.

The man with dark red hair and blue eyes to the far left holds up his hand and immediately the two guards that escorted us here bowed and turned around, leaving Malakei and I standing in the middle of the large room and in the center of the attention.

I turned my head slightly to look at Malakei only to see he had his eyes trained nervously on the three Gods in front.

"They look poorly." The woman of the three Gods at the far right notes with slight concern and I turn to her. Her features resembled Anya's incredibly. The bright red hair and piercing blue eyes made the two almost identical. I knew right then that she was her mother.

Anya's mother turns to the white haired old man in the middle and the younger dark red haired man with a stormy look.

"I don't blame them for trying to escape that awful place you call a dungeon Derik. I'm happy they did before they died of malnutrition and blood loss."

The red haired man, Derik glares at her darkly.

"Watch your mouth sister. That's treason you're calling right there."

"Enough you two."

The white haired man in the middle voices loudly. His voice resembling thunder. It was so powerful and authoritative. You could tell he was a God, he gloried in it.

"Both of you, always at each others throats." He notes in a tiresome manner before flicking his gaze onto Malakei and I, leaning forward in his chair as he takes both of us in with a look of contemplation.

"What I really want to know is which one of you is the supposed Trainer..."

He leaves the question open and I notice the crowd begin to murmur to themselves. When they become too loud, Derik stands up threateningly and they all fall silent immediately. I notice with slight worry how these people are led and said. It was clear that they had no say, no voice.

I glance at Malakei only to see he was looking at me with a worrisome look.

"Speak up coward." Derik hisses and I turn to him to see his menacing eyes flicking between the both of us. Anya's mother stands up.