XXV

It was jet black in the night where I stood near a large forest tree. My ears picking up the rushing of water in the distance along with the night creatures making an appearance.

I was back in the Dry Lands of some sort, the Azon in the middle of the night. What was I doing here? Was this a dream?

'You could say this is a dream.'

There was a low growl from behind me and I quickly turn around, my eyes widening at the domineering voice in the back of my head; coming from the large striped tiger in front of me as he looks on with curious hazel eyes. Luke.

"This is definitely not a dream." I say to him. More like a nightmare.

Luke's voice chuckles in the back of my mind as he moves forward, circling around me.

'It is easier for us to communicate now that we are connected. Just because I am not beside you, doesn't mean I cannot visit you while you are asleep.' He reminds me of the mark with a knowing voice and I sigh, turning to look at him continuing to circle me like I was his prey.

'I was born in this jungle that you are standing in. This land belongs to me, it should've belonged to me.' He lets out a sigh as I look around me, catching the eye of two dark birds weaving through the forest above a boulder.

"I'm sorry." I turn to him with concern and he puffs air at this.

"Our connection..." I trail off as I frown at him. "It worked after all. You willed it to work even though it's not that common."

He growls at that but nods his head in agreement.

'I trusted my instinct. It was the right thing to bond with you, you radiate power as do I but you are not strong enough yet to defeat this Max. Even Raen who is strong, he is not strong enough. None of you are.'

"Tell us what we have to do to defeat him." I walk forward, furrowing my brows as my voice is pleading.

"If we do nothing, this forest, the Dry Lands..Gonora, will be no more."

'I understand now what is at risk here. I was foolish to think otherwise.' He sighs as he sits looking at me. Hazel eyes glinting in the dark.

'I will help you, through Raen in making you stronger.'

"I can't with my injuries." I hold my arm up to him, although there was no cast on it in this part of my mind, that didn't mean it wasn't there in real life, sore and painful still from our previous encounter. I cringe at the thought but push it down. Luke must have seen my thoughts because he diverts his gaze before looking back at me.

'Our bond will heal you faster. Now that you are bound to two animal spirits, your injuries will heal faster than normal.'

I was just about to reply when another threatening growl roared from between us, both Luke and I turning to the side and watch as Baja makes her way up the boulder and growling lowly as she looks down at the both of us conversing beneath her.

'Parasite.' Baja snarls bitterly at Luke who growls angrily up at her.

'Trainer bound to dark prince. Dangerous journey lies ahead. Other dark prince may hurt master Keylin..' Baja says slowly as she leaps down from the boulder and making her way slowly to beside me. Licking my hand before growling at Luke.