XIII

My eyelashes fluttered as I began to stir awake. Shifting my head from the warm chest that my head was lying on, I run my hand across Raen's chest where it was resting before bringing it closer to my face to wipe my eyes.

I froze at the feeling of Raen's hand running up and down my bare back and my eyes immediately flew to him, in fear that he was awake.

He looked ahead of him with a fixed gaze. Looking as though he has been awake for some time now. Trapped in his thoughts.

"I didn't know they lashed your back." He says quietly and I gulp. He continues to gently caress my back. Fingers gliding over the jagged lines. Looking up at him, I shut my eyes with a frown and let my head rest back on his chest, his hand never leaves my back.

"14 lashes Keylin."

I wince at the thought of him counting and curl in on him further. He runs his hand up from my back and into my hair. I let out a sigh.

"I uhm.. guess you were right when you said my mouth would only get me in trouble." I gulped, looking up at him through hooded eyes and he looked down at me with hard eyes.

"I'm still mad at you."

"For fuck sake." I let out a breathy laugh and shake my head as a scoff leaves my lips. Unbelievable.

"Of course you are."

I make my way up and roll off of him so that I'm sitting on the edge of the bed, about to reach for my shirt.

"Hey.." Raen grabs my arm and I turn to glare at him. He glares back.

"Seriously Keylin. What you pulled yesterday was fucking ridiculous. You're in love with her? Really?"

"No." I raise my voice in agitation. "She only did that for me because she knew I couldn't just leave and go to the High Peaks with my grandfather." I explain with an edge to my voice and Raen's grip on me softens along with his features.

I pull my arm from his grip.

"I'm the one that has every right to be mad at you anyways." I grumble under my breath and Raen grabs my hand that's holding my shirt making me look at him.

"Judging by me waking up and finding you asleep on my chest this morning, I don't think you are."

I can't control my actions as I bring my hand up and slap him.

I watch with red rimmed eyes as he brings his hand up to place over his cheek. His eyes narrowing as he looks up at me.

"You ignore me for almost three weeks. Walking out on me when you find something you don't particularly like. Of everything we've been through, me being a Trainer, a God, a fucking mix! We both knew I had baggage, you persisted anyways yet marks on my body scares you? I thought you were stronger than that...I was wrong."

I go to get up. Knowing that my words would cause a fistfight between us. I try and grab my shirt from his grip but he doesn't let me have it.

"Give me my shirt." I grit out but he ignores me and shifts to get up. I scoff.

"Ignoring me then? Fine. It's not like I'm not used to it."