Chapter 26 (Sad Ending)

Reader's Pov

"Alright guys! We can do this! Together!" you said and everyone cheered. You, Sans and everyone else fought but Flowey was strong. Every time someone attacked him he would attack back but stronger and everyone ended up on the floor. But you, you and Sans used up as much energy as you could to try and defeat him. You kept on getting close but got shot back but you just got back up. 

Hey (F/N). Sans said.

"Yeah?" you said as you were running up Flowey's vines.

Let me take care of this. he said.

"You sure?" you asked him.

Yeah. Trust me. he said and you did trust him.

"Alright." you said and soon all you saw was black.

~time skip~

You heard crying and someone calling your name. You slowly opened your eyes and tried to make out the face of the person next to you. "(F/N)...please.....wake up. I....I can't loose you too...." the voice said and you knew who it was.

"Papyrus....?" you weakly asked.

"(F/N)! Yes! You're awake!" he said sounding a little happy through his tears.

"What happened....?" you asked looking around and saw so many people on the ground with blood all over them and the building looked like a boom exploded. "Is everyone alright?" you asked trying to sit up but felt pain all over your body and Papyrus laid you back down.

"No..." Papyrus sniffled. "They're all dead." he said.

Your eyes widened in disbelief and terror. "Sans! Is Sans ok?!" you asked and Papyrus looked down and shook his head.

You quickly had your soul poke out so you could look at it but it was (F/C) and had cracks all over it.

"Sans took over your body and was able to defeat Flowey. But....it cost him his life. Everyone else died on there tries. I tried to help, I really did b-but....Sans.....Sans wouldn't let me. He knew what was gonna happen the whole time and now....I don't know what to do." Papyrus said starting to cry again. You hugged him trying to hold back your own tears and you both stayed like that until you heard ambulances coming there way.

~time skip~

You were lying in your hospital room staring at the ceiling still not believing that all of your friends who you considered family was dead. Even Sans. 

That's why he wanted to take over. So I wouldn't die. What an idiot. He should've known that I won't be able to live in a world without him. you thought.

"Heya." you heard a all too familiar voice say. You looked to your right and saw him. Sitting at your bed side with his big old goofy smile.

"Sans....? But your dead." you said trying to fight back the tears.

"I am but I couldn't go without saying goodbye." he said.

"Why Sans. Why'd you do it?" you said with your voice all shaky.

"I wanted to save the two people I cared about most and when I hit Flowey for the final kill he exploded killing everyone. I tried to prevent that but...I failed." he said. "You'll just have to live the rest of your life without me." he said.

"I can't. I can't do that Sans. I-I love you." you said now not even trying to fight the tears. You hugged Sans and he hugged back.

"I love you too. Oh and everyone else wants to say goodbye." Sans said and you looked up from your hug and saw all of your friends and family standing around your bed.

"Guys..." you said.

"Live life for us ok?" Frisk said.

"Don't give up just cause we're gone punk!" Undyne said.

"I-I know you c-can do I-it. Also do you th-think they have anime I-in heaven?" Alphys said.

"Don't cry..........it'll be fine. I think........." Blook said.

"It's a shame I couldn't be a star for longer. Oh well, I'll just shine brighter among the dead." Mettaton said.

"In my house I have a recipe for Butterscotch cinnamon pie. Please use it as you will." Toriel said.

"Even though I was mean I'm going to heaven. How messed up is that?!" Chara said. You giggled.

"Yeah I have to deal with this girl forever." Sans said.

"Honey. Just because I'm gone doesn't mean you shouldn't be held down. We'll always be with you. Forever." you mom said and kissed your forehead. Soon they all started disappearing and it was just you and Sans left.

"Looks like I have to go now." Sans said.

"I'll miss you a ton," you said.

"A skele-ton." you both said and laughed together. He then kissed you and you kissed back for the very last time. When you parted from the kiss, he was gone. You were sad but your heart felt light and you promised to yourself that you would never forget them.

~time skip years later~

You were now in your shared house with Papyrus away from your old home. Both of you couldn't take it living there with all of there memories. You both were hesitant at first but then remembered that wherever you go, they go too.

And it's not just you and Papyrus living in the house. You adopted two children. A boy and a girl. You got them when they were babies so they didn't have a name. So you decided to name the boy Sans and the girl Frisk. They both love you and Papyrus and even though you and Papyrus aren't together or anything it feels like one big family.

 But as you promised yourself many years ago in that hospital bed. You never forgot about your old friends and sometimes at night when you stare up at the moon you think that you see Sans for a little bit and it makes you smile a little bit but you knew that you'll never love anyone else.

So that is the end of this chapter and I'm so sorry if I made you cry but I do hope that you liked it and thank you for all of your support I really do appreciate it and I love you all. Thanks again and see ya. :3