Twilight 10

Twilight 10

"My brother told me you saw what almost happened to your sister a while ago," the chair across from Winny scraped across the floor of the library and Edward Cullen sat himself in it. "Jasper said you almost collapsed. It all must have been very traumatic to you."

Winny glanced up at the beautiful boy with guarded eyes, and saw that he was regarding her in much the same manner. His golden eyes were searching her warm brown ones like they were looking for something important. It made Winny feel very uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I'm really glad she was okay," Winny said carefully.

"What exactly was it that you saw that day?" Edward's tone was carefully composed, like he was just asking a polite question but Winny had the gut feeling that there was something deeper behind his curiosity. She banished the thought out of her mind almost as soon as it came but considered her answer carefully before she spoke.

"It sure was lucky you were standing so close to Bella and were able to push her out of the way. I think Tyler's truck would have done some serious damage if you hadn't." Winny said after a second and Edward's eyes held hers for another moment before he abruptly looked away.