Breaking Dawn 5

Breaking Dawn 5

"Jacob, what have you done?" Bella demanded, her red eyes glinting dangerous. The werewolf in question had just come back to the house to tell him he had told Charlie Bella was back and perfectly fine. Charlie was on his way over.

"You don't have to leave now," Jacob said confidently, grinning at his imprint who was in the blonde one's arms. "I told Charlie you were different. You adopted Edward's niece."

Bella snarled, stepping closer to the werewolf. Her husband was just barely able to keep the newborn from pouncing.

"Do you know what type of pain you'll be putting Bella through?" Edward demanded? "It would be like a red hot branding iron being shoved down her throat. And that's if she can hold back."

Jacob rolled his eyes, not seeing the big deal.

"She'll do just fine," Jacob scoffed. "Winny is on her way over and Bella can test on Winny before Charlie gets here. Charlie will be-"

Jacob didn't have a chance to finish. Before he could even say the next word there were two angry females in his face, snarling at him. One was vampire, and the other was wolf.

"Are you insane?" Leah growled, getting up close to her alpha's phase. "Sam may have been a dick but he always respected the imprint."

"Bella doesn't have the personal obligation not to kill her sister that she does her father. If her pregnancy did anything it was reveal just how little she actually cares for her little sister!" Rosalie snarled as well, her eyes going from golden to black. "Bella would be happy to drain Winny and toss her away like last nights takeout!"

Bella looked offended, but before she could move to defend herself, Jasper stepped forward as well.

"Winny is Aro's little pet. Anything happens to Winny and we'll have an army of Volturi on our back door. You might have done this to keep us here but if Bella kills Winny, we'll never be able to stay in one place again!"

Jacob was still not as concerned as he should be, but something the three angry supernaturals had said got through to him. He was looking slightly less confident.

"The pack and I will be here to protect her. I'm sure Winny will have called Embry and Sam will have everyone over here on protection detail."

Rosalie snarled and spun away, Leah doing the same. For the first time ever wolf and Vampire were united against a common cause, the hate of a sister and the stupidity of a teenager in love.

*******

Winny got to the Cullen house about three minutes after Jacob had. She wasn't exactly pleased to be used as bait, but if it meant that Charlie didn't have to walk into an unsafe situation then she guessed it was worth it? She really didn't want to die but Rosalie had once told her that killing was quick for vampires. It wouldn't hurt for long.

The only hope Winny really had was that Aro told her she smelled more like comfort food than anything. So maybe Winny wouldn't be Bella's all you can eat buffet.

Winny sighed and got out of her sister's old truck, slamming the door harder than she needed to as an attempt to get the jitters out. In an instant, Rosalie and Leah were by Winny's side.

"Where's Embry?" Leah demanded. "I knew the idiot was a sausage only type of guy but I would have at least thought that he would come over here and protect his imprint from certain death."

Winny winced, then shrugged sheepishly.

"If Bella attacks me, then the pack would attack Bella. If the pack attacks Bella then you guys and the Cullens would attack the Pack and that just seemed like a little too much death just because my niece's stalker couldn't keep his mouth shut," Winny explained. Leah scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"So your psycho sister attacks you and drains you dry and I'm supposed to what? Send the pack an instant message saying they can come get their corpse for burial when it's most convenient for them?"

Winny grinned a little.

"You should also call Charlie and tell him there was a gas leak or something, so he doesn't come over and meet the same fate."

Leah threw her hands up in the air and stalked away.

*******

Leah and Rosalie had become Winny's unofficial bodyguards, standing on either side of her as she rested against her truck, waiting for her sister to come out and attack her. Neither woman thought it was a good idea, and they were both cursing Jacob for coming up with it and then enforcing it without any forthought whatsoever. Rosalie's head whipped over to the door, where Edward and Bella were stepping through.

Edward looked a little cautious, but the encounter with the human in the woods had pretty much assured him that his newborn wife was a superhero. Bella was even less cautious, strutting out like she hadn't a care in the world. Both Leah and Rosalie remembered how much she was freaking out when she had thought it would be Charlie, so her lack of concern for her sister's welfare was annoying.

Rosalie and Leah moved as a single force, stepping forward and putting themselves between Bella and Winny. Leah's scent easily covered up whatever scent Winny had managed to spread through her immediate area.

Bella strolled forward, towards her sister, intentionally taking deep breaths. The exact opposite of what Jasper had told her to do. When she got close enough to feel the heat coming off of Leah's body, Bella have the wolf a superior look, and her new sister in law a challenging one.

"I can't very well make sure Charlie will be safe if I can't smell Winny, can I?" Bella's question caused Leah to snarl, and instantly Edward was at his wife's side. 

"Don't growl at her, dog," Edward warned lowly. "Bella believes she can do it so she can."

Leah scoffed. She and Edward had a little stare down before Leah felt Winny's small had on her back, telling her to back down.

"The more time we spend fighting this more more chance Dad will come in the middle of it and he will be in trouble," Winny whispered, her voice traveling to all the supernatural creatures in the clearing.

Bella's lip twitched downward at the sound of her sister's voice.

Leah turned to give Winny a desperate tool but Winny didn't let up. She knew about supernatural creatures. If Bella tried to do anything then she would have at least Leah and Rosalie to protect her. Charlie might not have that.

Leah sighed deeply, then she stepped aside.

It took a couple seconds for the scent of wolf to die away, for Winny's natural perfume to come through, but once it did Bella was completely underwhelmed. She had remembered the scent from the human from yesterday, and it had smelt like the best thing in the world. Now as Bella carelessly sniffed Winny, preparing herself to leap at the girl, she just smelt comfort. Edward had once told her that her sister didn't smell any worse than Bella did, just different. Bella hd been miffed then and she was even more miffed now. Winny just smelled like home. Like steak and tomato soup and lavender. 

Bella wouldn't mind sinking her teeth into Winny's neck, but she didn't go into a frenzy trying to get to her. Bella almost sighed in disappointment.

"It's manageable," Bella didn't even try to hold her breath. "She smells a little bit like clean laundry."

Rosalie choked on her laughter.