Twilight 2

Twilight 2

"Bella!" Winny barely contained her excitement as she nearly launched herself off of the front porch, and ran over to hug her sister. In fact, her excitement was so much that she nearly knocked the two of them over, and they would have fallen if Charlie hadn't anticipated that very reception, and was there to catch them. "I've missed you so much, Bells,"

Bella tried her hardest not to shove the younger girl off of her, her dislike for her sister almost overruling her inherited awkwardness. She tried to force a smile.

"Yeah, it's good to see you too, Winny," She ground out as Winny released her.

Winny was downright petiet, especially as compared to Bella's lanky five feet six inch frame, which towered over her. Winnie was five feet tall on a good day, and while he had inherited Charlie's curls and pale skin, her curls were auburn and she had a dusting of freckles over her rosy cheeks. Her father may have been European but even without knowing the woman who had sired Winny, anyone with eyes could see that she was a little irish spitfire.

"Lookie, Bells," Winnie took her sister's hand, oblivious to the older girls obvious flinch at the contact, and tugged her over to a rusted orange- it had been red when it had been new some forty years before- ford. Bella had unwittingly assumed that it was Winny's but as the girl was just nearing fifteen, there was no way that could be the case. The pit in Bella's stomach, one born from the idea that she would be forced to share a space with her sister, shrank a bit as she began to realize she might have an out. "This is Dad and I's homecoming present for you! He bought it off Billy Black, you remember him right?, and Jacob and I totally rebuilt the entire inside so it runs like an absolute dream!"

Winny knew her sister probably didn't care what she and her friend had done to get the truck into tip top shape, but just seeing a smile- a real one- cross Bella's pale cheeks made the entire thing worth it.

"Wow, you didn't have to do that you know. I had money saved up," Bella turned to Charlie as if to give him a chance to take back his very generous offer. Charlie just shook his head and shooed Bella away.

"Not a problem, Bells. Winny and I want you to be happy here and we thought a car and some freedom would make you the happiest."

Bella smiled gratefully, even managing to send a half realistic grateful smile to her still beaming sister, and began to walk towards the house.