Eclipse 5 [Cullen/Pack Training]

Winny had always wanted to ride a wolf, who wouldn't? They were bigger than any horses Winny had ever seen and besides that, they were furry. It was only after WInny had finally managed to climb on top of Sam that she realized riding wolves was not all it was cracked up to be.

First of all, the height difference was disconcerting. Winny was a very small girl and sitting on top of Sam's back, she was nearly twice her original height. Jake had always teased her (at least ever since his wolf inspired growth spurt) that the world looked pretty neat from his height. Winny could now say with certainty that the world was not neat from seven and a half feet in the air. It was absolutely terrifying.

Second of all he fur that Winny had spent so many hours brushing, a task that Emily always got a kick out of watching, was not soft as she had expected. Winny was a homegrown Washington native, so unlike her sister, she was able to wear a pair of shorts comfortably in the subarctic temperatures of the Washington spring. She was regretting her decision to wear shorts more than she ever thought she could as she felt Sam's formerly soft hair create an itch she had no chances of scratching.

The excitement of riding a six foot tall wolf quickly wore off and Winny let out a sigh of relief when the pack finally made it to the clearing they were to meet the Cullens at, and Winny was able to make the long trip to the ground. She landed with a thump, and fell onto her butt, much to the amusement of her imprint and Paul.

Winny scowled at the two of them before clamoring to her feet to face the Cullen Clan. Rosalie and Emmett were giving her wide smiles. Jasper took the chance to step forward and begin the lesson, Edward acting as intermediary so the wolves to ask questions.

And of course Winny lost interest in the lesson. She was here because Embry and Sam asked her to be here, not because she was actually hoping to learn something. Winny knew better than anyone that she stood no chance against a vampire, and watching a few training exercises wasn't going to change that. Furthermore she wasn't even going to be in the country during the battle so knowing what the pack was going to be up against would only make her worried. To take up her time, Winny playfully pounced at Paul, who just shrugged her off into the dirt.

Paul's eyes rolled back to look at her and there was a glint in them that Winny took as a personal challenge.

She sprang again, this time aided by Embry, who had practically read her mind, and who had used his large form to knock wolf Paul off balance. Winny's playfull attack still didn't do a whole lot to Paul. It had started a war though.

As Jasper's training moved from informative to playful, the pack's attention shifted as well. Winny had gathered Embry, Quil, and Seth to her side.  They would back her up as she playfully threw herself at Paul, Leah, and Jared. She didn't even attempt to play with Sam, the Alpha, or Jacob who had snapped at her the first time she had tried.

She was still pretty content though, as she and the others began to roughhouse. Of course every now and then she would glance over, see a vampire move, and try it out herself. But for the most part their attention was focused solely on play. And apparently play was distracting.

One by one, beginning with Edward who was distracted by Winny's thoughts, the vampires also stopped and began to watch. Rosalie especially couldn't help but grin as she watched Winny try to take down the wolves and them let her.

When finally, the last vampire had stopped to look, Sam huffed and got to his feet. He and the pack (Winny included) had come for a training session and they had all become distracted. Amusement danced in Sam's dark eyes as he knelt down and quietly made his way over to where Leah was playfully batting Winny around.

He paused. He watched, and then he pounced.

Leah had pulled back for a second a Sam had taken the opportunity to dart forward and place his large body on top of Winny's small one. He had her trapped and his wolves all stepped away and fell back into line.

Beneath the wolf, Winny huffed and tried to spit coarse wolf hair out of her mouth.

"Sam," she whined breathlessly, turning her head to the side and and giving him puppy eyes. He didn't budge.

Over on the vampire side, Emmett and Edward were in stitches. Edward because he could hear Winny's mental exasperation and Sam's silent smugness, and Emmett because his wife had almost had a heart attack when Sam had gone for their friend. Even now, Rosalie looked three seconds away from going to kick some wolf butt. But Winny was still grinning, behind her pout.

Sam gave the Cullen clan a look, as if to ask if they were going to continue, and after a second they did. Sam playfully settled down further, making it clear that he found his Winny pillow very comfortable, and she wasn't going anywhere.