Eclipse 3

Eclipse 3

Jake came to an abrupt stop as he entered Emily and Sam's house to see a pile of massive wolves in Emily's living room. Wolves weren't allowed in Emily's living room. It was a rule. They scratched the wood floors with their claws.

"Uh..." he trailed off, and the wolf at the top of the pile, Seth, looked up at him with a toothy grin. The sight had him in shock enough that when Emily came up and put her hand on his arm, he jumped almost a foot into the air. Wolf Seth gauffed.

"They're keeping Winny warm," Emily explained to the bemused boy with a kind smile. "Charlie woke up this morning and Winny was running a really high fever. He sent her over here for me to take care of while he went to work and Embry saw her shivering."

Jake couldn't even see Winny under all of the wolf bodies, but he could see part of what looked like Embry's hind leg. The pile shifted slightly and a muted sneeze came from somewhere inside.

"Can she even breath under there?" Jake found himself asking. He hadn't really seen his friend in months, he admittedly had been rather preoccupied chasing after her sister. But now that Winny was brought to the forefront of his mind, he was worried about her.

Emily smiled at the pile and after another shift, Sam's head popped out of the top to look at the two of them.

"She's fine," Emily chuckled, before she smiled at Sam and headed back to the kitchen. "None of them would ever let her get hurt."