Eclipse 7

Eclipse 7

"So you're becoming a blood sucker too then?" Jake storms over to the fire where Winny and the pack had been making smores. "I thought you were better than that."

The laughter, which had been aimed at Seth and his marshmallow covered face, stopped and all eyes went to Jake. Of course they had all found out already, Billy had told Sam and Sam had told the rest of them. Apparently no one had told Jake though.

"Remember when Bella went to Italy and you begged me to go with her?" Winny asked, her voice clear in the sudden silence of first beach. "Well when Bella ran off to Italy, it was to go save Edward from other vampires."

Jake had taken a few more steps towards Winny as she had been speaking. He didn't like being reminded of the time he willingly sent his pack brothers imprint into danger.

"Well the vampires Bella went to meet were rulers of the Vampire world, and they have a 'no human' rule, so it was really a join or die situation. I chose join for my father's sake."

"What about Embry," Jake barked, taking another step towards the Swan girl. "How is he going to feel when the love of his life runs off to become the thing he hates most?"

Embry raises a hand from his place beside Leah.

"Can Embry speak for himself?" He asks Jake, and Jake snarls at him. Embry's hand falls back into his lap and Leah pushes herself to her feet.

"For God sakes Jacob, Embry is gay!" Leah announces and the group around the fire becomes even quieter. It was almost as if the fire and the sea were listening too.  "If you had taken your attention off that leech lover Bella for a second, then you would have realized that. None of us are happy about Winny's impending death, but at least she's not being buried. Get your head out of your ass because the world doesn't revolve around you!"

Jake storms off. In the silence he left in his wake, Winny turns to the pack with a frown on her face.

"Bella ratted me out," she said gloomily, before shoving her now cooled smore into her mouth.