Eclipse 6

Eclipse 6

"Your scent is so unique," Aro said as he, Winny, and about twenty members of the Volturi guard sat on the beach, looking at the waves crashing in the moonlight. "Much more appealing than your sister's. As Edward noted, your sister's scent is mouthwatering, however it has no comparison to your. I would explain it by comparing Bella's to chocolate cake. It smells delectable and tempting, but in the end it holds no substance. It will be there and gone and no one will know the difference. Your scent on the other hand is comparable to that of a comforting food. Felix compared it to that of his grandmotherś cooking while he was still human. Your scent is mouthwatering as well but it brings comfort with its familiarity. Do you understand mi coure?"

Winny nodded and the ancient vampire mirrored the action happily, as if his entire purpose before then had been explaining to Winny how her scent differed from her sister's, and now that she had been told he could relax. Despite herself Winny's lips curled a little at the edges. of over time Winny could easily see herself finding her place in the Volturi. Watching Jane and Alec playing in the waves, giggling like the children they probably were when they were turned wasn't that much different from watching Leah and Seth doing the same thing at First Beach. Demetri and Felix were rough housing, throwing one another to and fro and splashing about in the waves as well and it reminded her of Sam and the pack playing football and clear down at the other end of the small beach Heidi was lounging on a beach towel in a bathing suit, like she was laying under the sun instead of the moon. Winny felt relaxed, even if she was on a secluded beach of vampires and any one of them could kill her before she could even open her mouth to scream. In some twisted way she felt she could trust them.

Winny leaned back in the sand as well and basked in the moonlight, just like Heidi was doing. Winny wouldn't be terribly upset when she was turned into a vampire. She would miss her father, and her friends when she was too old to pass off her seventeen year old beauty, but that wouldn't be for many years after she was changed. She would miss the pack, but she would hope that her bond with Embry would make it so she wasn't killed on sight, should she return to Forks to see them. Winny would be content and in the life she was stepping into, and the events surrounding it, that was the best thing she could ask for.