Twilight 7

Twilight 7

"Winny?!" Charlie burst into the hospital waiting room, his hair wild and his eyes searching. He'd gotten a call at the police station telling him his daughter had been in a car accident and hadn't specified which daughter. Of course he'd noticed Bella and Winny rode to school separately so when he had heard car accident he'd thought the worst and assumed someone had run Winny off the road on her bike. When he lay eyes on his daughter he calmed down slightly. Then he remembered just how accident prone his other daughter was.

"Winny, are you okay?" he demanded, racing towards where she was still seated in an uncomfortable hospital chair. "What happened?"

Winny was pulled to her feet before she had time to blink and pulled into her father's chest for a tight hug. Her face was buried in his shirt so her next sentence came out muffled, but Charlie was able to understand it well enough.

Tyler had lost control of his van on the ice and slid into Bella's truck. Bella had been standing in between the two but was fine.

Winny had been unable to get in to see her sister but in between the chaos of the emergency room she had been able to hunt down Edward and Jasper's adoptive father, Carlisle Cullen, and got an update. Carlisle hadn't been to see her yet but from what he understood from the nurses she had no visible injuries.

Charlie pulled away from his youngest daughter and pulled her behind him into the emergency room, where they then saw Bella in the middle of stashing a severe looking neck brace beneath her bed. Neither of them made a mention of it as they rushed over to her. As Charlie demanded if his other daughter felt alright, Winny watched in horror as Tyler was carried in on a stretcher and put on the bed beside Bella's. There was no question that he looked much worse off. And he looked like the only thing he was worried about was Bella.

"I'm so sorry, Bella," Tyler insisted as the nurses set about putting him on his hospital bed and unwrapping the bloodied bandages he had around his head. He had shallow cuts all over his forehead and Winny felt almost sic when she saw that some of them were glittering where glass shards were still stuck there.

Bella nodded her head, looking quite concerned for the sweet boy's well being as well.

"I'm fine Tyler," Bella assured him. "You look awful, are you alright?"

Tyler ignored her question, and ignored both Winny and Charlie as the latter began giving the boy who endangered his daughter's life a death glare. Something told Winny that Tyler would be getting many tickets in the upcoming months.

"I thought I was going to kill you! I was going to fast and I hit the ice wrong..." Tyler winced as the nurses began picking glass out of his face. Bella waved him off.

"Don't worry about it," she worked to assure him again. "You missed me."

Winny closed her eyes and replayed the events that were tattooed to the inside of her eyelids. No he hadn't. Edward had been by Bella's side one second and something he must have done saved her from certain death.

"How did you get out of the way so fast?" Tyler voiced Winny's unvocalized question. "You were there and then the next second you were gone."

Bella tried to shrug noncommittally.

"Edward pulled me out of the way," she said by way of explanation and Tyler only looked more confused.

"Who?" he asked, and then yelped as another nurse began to clean his scratched face with what smelled like rubbing alcohol.

Bella looked awkward watching him in pain.

"Edward Cullen-- he was standing next to me." Bella said quietly and something in her voice rang untrue.

"Cullen? Wow, I didn't even see him... I guess it was all so fast. Is he okay?"

Bella nodded.

"Yeah, I didn't see him on a stretcher."

Then Tyler and Bella's conversation was over because some more nurses came and wheeled her away to take some X-rays of her head. Winny and Charlie were escorted back to the waiting room.