Breaking Dawn 1

Breaking Dawn 1

Bella had finally given in and allowed Edward to replace her truck, after Edward had come in the night and removed several important pieces of it. Of course Bella had, after considerable badgering from their father, allowed Winny to take a look at the truck, and Bella had allowed Winny to tell her what was wrong and or missing. However when Winny began talking about the specific mechanics of her truck, Bella was reminded of her missing best friend and had made Winny stop.

So that was how Bella's beloved monster, that had been with her through vampires, motorcycles, and werewolves, became a, in Bella's words, still life tribute to classic Chevys. And their father had told Winny that if Bella gave her permission, Winny could fix up the truck and drive it around herself as a birthday gift, and as a congratulations gift for already getting accepted into a fancy Italian private college. Bella had agreed, but had she not Charlie had assured Winny that he knew of other cars he could get her.

Winny had been glad when Bella had said yes. The truck had been up and running again within the week.

That was why Winny was at the gas station when Bella roared in, the delicate engine in the car growling as her sister tried to handle the beast. When Bella got out, Winny saw her sister was blushing bright red.

While Winny's new to her, old to the world Chevy slowly filled up Winny watched with veiled amusement as a couple of adventure seekers got out of their shiny new truck and walked over to Bella and her Mercedes Guardian. It had been an inside joke between Rosalie and Edward, which Winny had been let in on. What the car could go through and keep the driver safe was crazy.

"I'm sorry, but can you tell me what kind of car you're driving?" one of the men asked Bella, and Winny's sister looked like a deer caught in the LED bulbs of her new car's headlights.

"Uh," Bella muttered, looking at the car as if it would give her a sign. "Mercedes, right?"

"Yes," the man that had approached her said, and Winny saw the other man roll his eyes. Winny could understand that, Bella looked like just another girl with a fancy car.

Winny decided it was time to step in, and save her sister any further embarrassment.

"A Mercedes, Guardian, actually." Winny stepped out from behind the gas pump she was using and went to stand beside her sister. "My sister's fiance had it imported from Europe as an early wedding present."

The man who had been questioning Bella turned to Winny with an excited gleam in his eye. She was someone in the know about Bella's beautiful car.

"Is it true that you can take a flamethrower to it?" the man asked excitedly. "I watched a video that talked about how it had missile proof glass and four thousand pounds of body armor!"

Winny smiled ruefully and allowed her much taller sister to hide behind her.

"Well it was an expensive car, so we haven't really taken to trying to blow it up yet," Winny grinned and the two men snickered. "But as far as I know, it would definitely survive any fender bender she put it through."

The first man grinned even wider.

"Do you mind if we take a picture with it?" The man asked Winny, though the question should have been t Bella. Winny saw Bella nod out of the corner of her eye, and Winny smiled openly.

"Go right ahead," Winny motioned for them to continue and she moved she and her sister away from it. Neither one of them needed to be in the picture while the men geeked out. The men took their pictures, nearly thirty of them if the clicking sounds from their phones meant anything, before they thanked the sisters and went about their business.

When they were gone, Winny turned towards her sister and smiled softly.

"Sorry for bothering you Bells, I'll see you at home."

And then Winny went back to her truck, put the gas nozzle back where it belonged, paid, got in the truck, and drove away.